Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

hethj7

Malibu blues - SG out of commission

hethj7

I have a guys trip this weekend to Grand Lake and 2 weeks ago my right side SG quit working and I got the reed switch open error.  My dealer sent me a new actuator which I got installed but the same symptoms persisted.  They then overnighted a new IO module which I installed tonight, but still the same symptoms are there.  Dealer is 4 hours away and it was a valiant effort by them to try and help remotely, but still a bummer I won’t be able to fully take advantage of all the features of the boat this weekend.  

The weekend will still be a blast,  thanksI am pretty bummed tonight since we won’t be able to surf regular while out.  

Thanks for letting me have a place to sulk for now :)

NWBU

That's a serious bummer, hope it gets fixed soon after you get back. 

Guess you now get a whole weekend to try to learn goofy and backside regular. I hear that side of the wave is better anyway...but I'm stuck on the regular side like you too.

Edited by NWBU

hethj7
17 minutes ago, NWBU said:

That's a serious bummer, hope it gets fixed soon after you get back. 

Guess you now get a whole weekend to try to learn goofy and backside regular. I hear that side of the wave is better anyway...but I'm stuck on the regular side like you too.

I sort of look forward to that.   But most in my crew aren’t regulars so no way am I going to try to teach them all weekend on the wrong side of the boat. 

ahopkinsVTX
16 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

I sort of look forward to that.   But most in my crew aren’t regulars so no way am I going to try to teach them all weekend on the wrong side of the boat. 

Idk when you leave but could your dealer ship you a suction wake shaped to use on the regular side before you leave?

Pnwrider

Or grab some extra bags and a pump and list the crap out of it like the good ole days! 

Ronnie

My understanding is the relays are probably the problem. The computer can't tell where the gate is unless it's home. If it moves away from home or can't because of the relay, the computer throws a Reed error.

23LSVOwner

Smack the relay pack with a flip flop. If the contacts are stuck it will loosen them up.

You could always use the bypass valve and manually move it out and then tighten it back up.

hethj7

Smacked the relay with a flip flop as best I could, but it didn’t help. :D

Ultimately we got some surfing in, but I had to do a lot of resetting and reloading presets to get it to work.  No inputs worked to even try transfers and I usually had to use the presets instead of just just hitting “surf left”.  I will let you all know the final fix once it is solved just in case it helps someone else.  

23LSVOwner

Probably a bad reed switch in the cylinder.

hethj7

Welp, my dealer believes the new ram has a bad red switch still.   Frustrating few weeks over something so simple and even more frustrating that Malibu apparently has an issue with a brand new part.  Bummer for the dealer too as I know they have spent hours troubleshooting and replacing relays thinking surely the new ram isn’t bad, at the expense of hours that could have been spent getting other customer boats back on the water.