SpencerEyring

Oxidation Fix

SpencerEyring

I’ve had this boat for 10 years and it still feels brand new! We’ve taken really great care of it over the years, and want to keep it looking fresh! There is some oxidation over the gel coat on the nose of the boat that I want to get off of there before the season starts up! How do I go about doing this? What products do i need, and where should I get them. Thanks! 

Slurpee

You'll need a variable speed buffer or dual-action polisher.  A DA will be safer in the sense you're less likely to burn into the GelCoat.  Some marine cutting compound.  Some pads.  Honestly if you have just one spot it'd be way cheaper to look for a fiberglass repair place around you.  Somewhere that handles RVs and Boats.  Ask em to compound and/or wetsand that out, then seal and wax yourself.  You'll spend more in gear even if you get the 3M Perfect-It stuff on sale and go Harbor Freight for the buffer.

Now if you plan on making a hobby of detailing stuff, then I just bought one of these TorqX.  So far I love it.  I've brought some SUPs, wakeboards and surfboards back to life.  Next up is the SeaDoos and some Wakesetter touch-ups before ceramic.