edwardo

06 Malibu tandem trailer brake issue

edwardo

06 Malibu tandem trailer brake issue  I have the swing tongue on the tandem trailer and 10 inch drum brakes I noticed my master cylinder  had no fluid in it I never filled it and it was rusted and not working so I got it out I’m trying to clean it should I order a new one and where would I get one

MadMan
8 minutes ago, edwardo said:

06 Malibu tandem trailer brake issue  I have the swing tongue on the tandem trailer and 10 inch drum brakes I noticed my master cylinder  had no fluid in it I never filled it and it was rusted and not working so I got it out I’m trying to clean it should I order a new one and where would I get one

If it's rusted, you have little to no chance of reviving it.  What brand of master cylinder is it?

wakesonthesnake

https://www.pacifictrailers.com/

This is who I used for my trailer parts.  I called them to confirm I was ordering the right parts online and they were knowledgeable and pleasant to deal with.  

Falko

If the master is empty and rusted, you have to be suspect of the rest of the brake components. Brake fluid is nasty corrosive once it gets moisture introduced, and that includes moisture from the air. Be sure to check the actuator cylinders at the wheels.