Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Any F150 owners out there?

isellacuras

Kidding of course.  I bought my truck after hearing all this hype about F150's on this site. I got say I love my truck but I am trying to figure out the key and the settings.  My questions my require a bit more than regular ownership knowledge but hopefully someone can help.

When I bought the truck it only had one key.  There were settings set into my key such as 80mph speed limit, buckle up to unmute stereo as well as a couple others that I cant recall.  I was also having issues where I couldn't get the beepers to turn off when I was backing up the trailer.  I went back the ford dealer (not my local dealer) where I bought it and had another key made.  Shortly after having the key made I was able to remove the speed setting but not the seatbelt setting (which I am ok with).  I also had a small window that I was able to turn off the beepers while in reverse.  Fast forward to a month or so ago and now I am unable to edit "my key".  I again can not turn off back up beepers and I have added Sirius satellite radio and it will not allow me to listen to hip hop or other XL stations.  This is not ok so I broke out the manual and tried to clear all the settings.  When I try to go into the "my Key" settings,  It says I have two my keys and need an admin key.  I called the dealer today and they said if I have two keys, I shouldn't need another key made and that something must have happened to make the admin key into a "my key".  He said they would look at it but it would cost $175.  I also work for a dealership so I understand cost of doing business BUT, I am also cheap and don't want to pay $175 to have a key programmed if I don't have to.  Please help if you can. 

I think if they are chipped keys only a dealer can reset it.  I don't think you can shut down safety belts at all.

Edited by Sixball

I don't understand why i was able to change them for a short while after i got the second key made and now i can't. The service advisor i spoke to said something probably happened to the admin key to make it into a my key. To me, that kinda implied that the changes can be done outside the dealer or that their computers aren't needed to reprogram. How could it change one way but not the other?

So I think any key can be set to my key status. I don't think the vehicle knows witch key is the admin other then it would be A unset key.  I could be wrong I only played with it a very short time. 

Well i only have two keys and they both show as "my key"s. The display shows that  there is an admin key but that could be from the previous owners settings.  Big thing i keep thinking about is that i was able to make changes at one point albeit short.  A friend is a sales manager at a ford store. He's going to check with his service manager tomorrow and see if he can shed some light without seeing the truck since his store is 80+ miles away. Fingers crossed. 

Edited by isellacuras

I think that is you issue. Both of your keys have been assigned my key status. If you get one opened up if you don't want a My key set remove the status on the other. Only have one key close to the vehicle if you do need to set up A My key. The only time I played with this it did not ask what key I think if it can talk to two keys it will set both. 

Both keys cleared and one made into admin so it won't revert back. Back up beepers can be turned off, all my key functions cleared. I now have an "unlocked" truck and can't even listen to stations with explicit lyrics on Sirius. Thanks to those that tried to help. In the end, Ford dealer had to do it.