Sign in to follow this  
DRAGON88

Auto-fill ballasts?

DRAGON88

Does anyone else experience their tanks filling after draining them? I have, I don't think much gets back in, but it's enough to make the ballast pumps run for another 5 seconds or so... I searched, but had no luck. Am I alone? Is this to be expected?

It's kind of sad/ironic, this was the last thing that I got around to fixing on my SAN before it was murdered. :(

-Richard

PS: I learned what happens when you leave the center plug out, even after writing a note and sticking them to the keys I STILL managed to forget, until I realized "hey the bilge pump light is on, why is it on?" I then proceeded to open the center access door and it sprayed water all over the inside of my boat. At that point I remembered what I did wrong and put the plug back in... DOH. Innocent.gif

srud
Does anyone else experience their tanks filling after draining them? I have, I don't think much gets back in, but it's enough to make the ballast pumps run for another 5 seconds or so... I searched, but had no luck. Am I alone? Is this to be expected?

It's kind of sad/ironic, this was the last thing that I got around to fixing on my SAN before it was murdered. :(

-Richard

PS: I learned what happens when you leave the center plug out, even after writing a note and sticking them to the keys I STILL managed to forget, until I realized "hey the bilge pump light is on, why is it on?" I then proceeded to open the center access door and it sprayed water all over the inside of my boat. At that point I remembered what I did wrong and put the plug back in... DOH. Innocent.gif

I only have this issue with my center ballast. Mine will fill completely. Interestingly enough, it only does this after I have filled it and drained it once. If I haven't filled it, it doesn't self fill and will stay empty all day.

jphillips

Drill a small hole in the handle of the plug and when you remove it attach it to your key chain. Put the plug on the drivers seat, this is a not as good as it can be moved.

CincyKid

Yah, we have the same problem. We've got a 2005 Wakesetter VLX.

desifire911

i have the same problem on my 05 vride the center ballast tank fills on its own. my dealer put a one way check valve in but there is'nt enough pressure to open the valve. very frustrating!