Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 25LSV starting issue

Still having the issue. The dealer replaced the lower screen but no luck. They can’t recreate the problem in the shop. They plan to go out with me in the spring to test again

ahopkins22LSV
3 minutes ago, gerard said:

Still having the issue. The dealer replaced the lower screen but no luck. They can’t recreate the problem in the shop. They plan to go out with me in the spring to test again

Did they do the ECM update as well, or just replace the lower screen? From the last posts of this thread it sounds like it was an ECM issue, not a screen issue.

• 2 weeks later...

My 16 raptor is/was having similar problems half way through summer. seemed to have magically cured itself so hopefully in the spring it remains better. When I brought it pop with my dealer he told me to prime the fuel pump before start by turning the key over, that seemed to help 50% of the time. One thing I did do was switch to strictly 91 vs previous 89 octane use which did improve the timing and engine smoothness. 

I was also doing a little reading on the Indmar service sites and the ecm might have a lot to do with it. It stores misfire data and changes priming and ignition settings. With a Diacom program you're able to reset it and see if it makes a difference. 

• 7 months later...

Issue was solved.

Had to replace the fuel pump and full pump regulator due to manufacture defect(was explained to me second hand by the account mgr from the mechanic).

They said the fuel pressure was not raising high enough after shutting off to be able to restart.

They said the originally installed setup was no longer offered and a new setup was needed.

Malibu tracked the issue and contacted me when they finally figured the problem out.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/14/2019 at 2:51 PM, gerard said:

Issue was solved.

Had to replace the fuel pump and full pump regulator due to manufacture defect(was explained to me second hand by the account mgr from the mechanic).

They said the fuel pressure was not raising high enough after shutting off to be able to restart.

They said the originally installed setup was no longer offered and a new setup was needed.

Malibu tracked the issue and contacted me when they finally figured the problem out.

@gerardDid this seem to fix the issue? I just had the fuel pump replaced and still having the same issue. Took it back to my Tech he is gonna check for the update from ECM and try that. Mine is a 2016 as well as everyone else. 

Edited by wakesetter27
On 1/5/2018 at 5:27 AM, McMiller said:

Thank you, Thank You, Thank you!

@McMillerDid this work for you? having the same problem....Tech just replaced fuel pump, that didnt work. I showed him this forum....we shall see. 

Edited by wakesetter27
  • 6 months later...