Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Worst color scheme I've ever seen

gobble

I personally like the 21VLX. I think the black hull and and black and grey interior works well. The 22VLX is not that bad either. The brown seat cushion panel would not be my first choice but in my opinion neither boat warrants "worst color scheme".

Actually I'm bored sitting on the computer looking for something to buy. I started looking at guitars and moved on to boats.

Those two boats are awful. All white and all black? One looks like a boston whaler and the other just yuk. For $100k you need a little bit of tasteful color.

They're both fine. They will both be easy to sell and resale. Theyre just not very exciting. If i built a new boat it would have color but neutral is always safe a and some people dont like loud color schemes.  I was expecting Skittles boat 2.0 

Neutrals and primary colors will be more timeless. The neon and turquoise etc go in and out of style and will look out of place in 10 years.  Since flake in a wake boat is relatively new I'm curious how it will age.  Since its an upgraded cost no way I would buy flake when ordering a new boat. I usually like it but not enough to spend extra money on it. 

• Like 2

I really like the first two boats.  Beauty is obviously in the eye of the beholder.

I really dislike the busy, multi-color boats.  Especially the bright and neon colors.  That is what I as expecting.  Not an understated, timeless color scheme.

I'm not offended by those color schemes.  That's my dealer and they have a yellow Axis the I can't believe someone would order but yellow is a color I just don't like. 

I like color especially on my lakes. If I were lucky like some of you with the beautiful blue water I could see myself ordering an all white or black scheme.   I think MN lakes in general can handle a pop of color or white.  I think black boats blend in too much. 

6 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

What do you guys think about this? Personally I love it but reslale might be hard.    Sorry for all the tige:werule:

http://www.secamarine.com/default.asp?page=xPreOwnedInventoryDetail&id=3129230&p=1&s=Year&d=D&t=preowned&fr=xPreOwnedInventory

looks like what you find in a baby diaper.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, gobble said:

i like the exterior, but not wild about the black on the interior.   Otherwise, i agree - neutral colors are timeless and marketable.  you can always wrap to get some bold. 

8 hours ago, Gavin17 said:

Since flake in a wake boat is relatively new I'm curious how it will age. 

I wonder about the flake too.  First time I saw one it reminded me of a '70s bass boat.

9 hours ago, gobble said:

Actually I'm bored sitting on the computer looking for something to buy. I started looking at guitars and moved on to boats.

Those two boats are awful. All white and all black? One looks like a boston whaler and the other just yuk. For $100k you need a little bit of tasteful color.

Ha, I was browsing Craigslist a few days ago, and ended up trading a 58 Re-issue Tele for a PRS CE22 yesterday.

The boats don't need color to look nice.  In a lot of ways, I like the plain boats.  My first boat was an A22 that was just a solid color.  Granted, it was dark blue, not black or white, but it looks really sharp.  The only thing I don't like about either of those two boats you listed was teh front panels on the cushions of the white one.  That dark brown didn't match any of the rest of teh boat.

ahopkins22LSV
2 hours ago, oldjeep said:

looks like what you find in a baby diaper.

This, I can confirm. With picture evidence if needed :lol: 

I really like the ghost look. And I don't mind the tan interior with an all white boat. I would have made it just a bit more subtle. 

I also like the all black look. Would hate cleaning it but it does look great.