Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

CC&R's

SacRiverRat

BTW - Troy, what village are you in?  I know some are way more picky than others. 

At least in EDH it's used to designate a "neighborhood", and not a town so much.  The neighborhoods here all have names, and the CSD (that's our little government "Community Services District") calls the neighborhoods "village".

Funny that we are having a El Dorado Hills discussion on a WW 'bu Crew forum.. I think the only other single city with our representation is Bend...

Anyway, technically I'm in the "Bass Lake village"... which is more commonly know as the Hills of El Dorado, located off bass lake road, next to Bridalwood and Woodridge.

We'll all have to get together and do something soon (seeing as I've never personally met you guys) but am meeting John this afternoon for some riding on Folsom Yahoo.gif

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jklein

• SacRiverRat

• RTS

• auto

Top Posters In This Topic

Dumb question here, do you guys live in Africa or something? :) I've never heard of a village in the US. Towns and cities yes, but never a village.

John answered it well just the East Coast has more of those older terms that really haven't been prevelent out west. It also holds true to architecture and city layouts out East more resemblance of European styles.

I'm late to this discussion but I deal w/ CC&R's all the time and if you are legally (HOA's or CSD)bound to these rules and regs you have to comply or face the consequences that do have teeth to enforce them. These type of locations aren't for everyone but that is a very common complaint regardless of it's a HOA or just a standard subdivision w/ CC&R's. Most cities have a regulation of 48-72 hours to park on the public street as well.

Whatever you do, dont paint your house YELLOW. ROFL.

Sorry, just a little inside joke for the EDH people

Sometimes you think it is reasonable that you can call and talk to someone nowadays but there are always more issues and people nowadays are not that reasonable but that is always a start. I would ask to be a part of the monthly walks and confirm the rules are being addressed equally.

In 1995 I bought a house in South Orange County that had a HOA. That is what I wanted because I was sick of unresponsible neighbors. I am at the end of a culdesac with the nicest house in the neighborhood but start getting notices that I am working on my motorcycle outside and my garage is left open. I only washed my dirt bike and or polished my Harley and some tree huggers want to bich? Then my wifes mini truck with a campershell gets twoed because it is a commercial vehicle (has small name of our company on the side. But... the HOA pres 2 houses down can polish his car with the garage open with sponsorship stickers (eibach, etc...) all over it and tune the supercharger out front?

I decided to try and comply and stay civil but it kept getting worse. Next my Rottweiler is too big for the HOA, then I can't even load my bike out front, then my pipes are too loud in the morning when I ride my Harley to work. When my Rott that I loved dearly that was gentle as a kitten was poisened to death I moved. It was that or get into it with the guy and spend years in prison. I had good equity but the stress of sealing with the HOA sucked. I do not think I will ever live in a HOA community again.

You have to weigh your situation and decide what is best for you and go from there. Good Luck! KC

mrothwell:

I can tell you some good inside stories of the yellow house situation. I know both sides of that one pretty well.

J

. I do not think I will ever live in a HOA community again.

You have to weigh your situation and decide what is best for you and go from there. Good Luck! KC

Exactly. The day I leave the cluster&*CK of an environment, I am sending each one of these assclowns a unique gift of my appreciation Tongue.gifROFL.gif

Ken W. Hey dude,,,,listen that is terrible news.....there is a house next door to us for sale.............you guys should buy it. It is very close drive into downtown.....i-45 or Hardy,,,,super quite neighborhood..........it is about 2400 sqfeet, This house is a BARGIN and has been well maintained............we have know both owners since the house was bought new in 1979.............give me a call!

Edited by HoustonPerson
whats to keep Billy Bob from parking his 1975 POS glasstron in his? 

I resemble that remark!!!! Lets just keep it at POS shall we. :) No need to name names.

Ken W. Yes it is true our HOA Mafia is a PITA; but u just sort learn to live with it........when of my biggest gripes, is all the kickbacks to family contractors for big dollar projects not needed. I have been able to briing my boat to the house, which I do for regular maintenance, sometimes the driveway, but usually the street because it is easier. I do not like my boat to sit outside long because of tree sap.........so 99% of the time after wash wax change oil or whatever it's back to the barn and covered.

There basically is no noise at all here; once or twice a year the teenagers witll throw some big all night parties; ha, they usually invite me......seems someone always wants on the boat.

Edited by HoustonPerson
mrothwell:

I can tell you some good inside stories of the yellow house situation.  I know both sides of that one pretty well. 

J

I know some of the story - but I just find it funny.

We'll have to get together on the lake one of these days. I think that you have gone out with a friend of mine a couple times. His name is Kayle, and he has a MB B-52.

M