Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Echelon + trailer weight

Michigan boarder

I weighed the boat & trailer this morning and it's a little heavier than I thought.  Just an FYI for anyone with a DD and a light tow vehicle, it is worthwhile weighing your set up if you think you are pushing the tow limit:

Trailer + boat  = 4,400lbs

Trailer            = 1,300lbs (weighed it empty earlier in the year)

Boat              = 3,100lbs (less than half tank of fuel, basic gear)

My other trailer, a steel single axle weighed 970lbs.  The aluminum double axle is 1,300lbs.  So for my Jeep JKU I am 900lbs over the tow limit. 

2017 end of season on trailer 5.jpg

• Like 2

@Michigan boarder:  Good info, I did a similar test, and to add some data:  Elete single axle trailer was 880#.  That does match the info on the trailer decal.  

Slightly less than half a tank would be ~80# (6#/gallon), all the gear can be 50-100# + so the boat will tip the scales higher than the printed dry weight of 2650# for an Echelon LX.

I don't have any tower weight data.