Sign in to follow this  
bobofthenorth

Footing with a lid

bobofthenorth

Just finished reading the thread about busted eardrums. Does anyone foot with a helmet? or am I being overly paranoid? Remember that I am basically a klutz - if there is a way to injure myself I will probably find it. It seems to me the helmet might increase the risk of neck injury more than it reduced the risk of ear damage.

Tom Sawyer

I don't know anyone that does. One of my footn buddies who's prone to ear infections uses an ear plug. I've taken 10,000 face plants and haven't had a problem KNOCK KNOCK ON WOOD!!! That said, it could happen on my next one. There certainly is some risk there.

Addictedto6

I have a friend who uses wrestling head gear to protect his ears while footing...

Kenw
Just finished reading the thread about busted eardrums. Does anyone foot with a helmet? or am I being overly paranoid? Remember that I am basically a klutz - if there is a way to injure myself I will probably find it. It seems to me the helmet might increase the risk of neck injury more than it reduced the risk of ear damage.

I think Keith uses the Headzone helmets at his school.

Gliding Soles

St. Ellis

I don't use a helmet but while at Keith's earlier this year did get a chance to use the Headzone and loved it. It is an amazing tool!

M3Fan

I foot with the Ace Wake helmet. Don't even notice it's there on deeps.

Killer
I don't use a helmet but while at Keith's earlier this year did get a chance to use the Headzone and loved it. It is an amazing tool!

I watched a bunch of the reviews on barefootcentral.com and I agree it is a really cool product. I may be a little old school, but it will save a lot of time so coach's will be able to coach more students at a higher level.

As far as protection. There is no need for a helmet footing unless you're jumping IMO. neckbrace and cup if you're learing backward tricks. otherwise put the suit on and go!

Slalom Frog

I bought a helmet made by Gath. Liked it more than the Ace helmets. I have worn it footing a few times, mostly when I am trying back to fronts. Normally I just wear it wakeboarding. Great helmet IMO.