Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

service warning reset

Malibu boats built before 2015 do not have a scheduled maintenance warning or reset.  The yellow "maintenance required" warning on 2015 and newer models can be reset by using the settings tab on the 7 inch screen, selecting service, and touching the red service icon until it turns green and says service done.  A red "service required" alarm on 2014 models and earlier are similar to the check engine light on your car.  It means there was a diagnostic trouble code reported by the ECM.  You may be able to see what the code is using the settings menu on the malivue screen and selecting the active or inactive engine faults.  There will be a SPN and FMI number for the DTC.  That will help you find out what caused the code.  An active code can only be cleared using Diacom diagnostic software.  An inactive code will clear after three engine heat cycles (start engine, run to operating temperature, stop motor, cool down, and repeat), if the code does not reoccur.  I may be able to give some help if you have the DTC fault numbers.

Thanks for the inactive code warning clearing after 3 cycles.... couldn't figure out how to clear it, read this post, went out for 2 more cycles and it stopped beeping at me. Thank you.

• 1 year later...

So I recieved service request.  Went away but tried to give the boat some speed it would not go.  There was no power.  Could it be old gas?

3 hours ago, Richthemalibu said:

So I recieved service request.  Went away but tried to give the boat some speed it would not go.  There was no power.  Could it be old gas?

Did you get an audible alarm and a visual SERVICE REQUIRED notification?  What boat and engine do you have?  Are you able to check for any active or inactive faults in the setup screen?

• 5 weeks later...

Inactive alarms on my 2018 will not go away after any number of cycles - the dealer confirmed they must clear it with their diagnostic tool.  I had a code that popped up really quick and then went straight to inactive (O2 sensor) but it won’t clear until I take it in for service. 

• 1 year later...

Hi how are you? 

I have a 2011 malibu reaponse fxi and have the scheduled service reminder coming up after it has just been serviced and also have the restriced throttle problem can only do a top speed of 27mph. Is this all to do with that code being thrown and just need the computer to be reset and cleared for the maintenance? Thank you in advance for any help. 

2011 Malibu boats do not have reminders for maintenance, but if there is a diagnostic trouble code the screen will display "service required" with an audible alarm.  Like hambone3293 said, use the setup button on the malivue, then scroll down and select the active or inactive fault alarms and see if there are any SPN FMI codes displayed.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I have a 2014 VTX with the Monsoon 350. I just  started getting the Service Required notification along with the beep. I can't figure out how to get to the service settings on the screen. Can you advise me on how to do it.

Thanks

To check for fault codes on 2010-2014 Malibu boats with the Malivue and MTC screen, turn on the dash power button and enter the start code on the MTC.  Press the SETUP button on the Malivue, then scroll down the setup menu using the down arrow button.  Select either Active Engine Faults or Inactive Engine Faults at the bottom of the menu by pressing the ENTER button on the Malivue.  The fault code numbers will be displayed on the screen.