Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

02 VLX tower

PEC

https://web.mail.comcast.net/service/home/~/?auth=co&loc=en_US&id=170327&part=2

anyone can tell me what model this tower is, and what garage door clearance I will need?  I am on the verge of buying (boat is in great shape), but it is currently on a lift.  we measured the trailer and the boat, not sure if we can really be accurate that way though.  trailer is single (if that matters) factory trailer that came with.  my garage door is 9 wide, and about an inch shy of 7 ft tall (piece of trim I can probably remove LOL).

I am brand new here, not sure if my pic added or not.

Edited by PEC
pic

Hey Stevo, can we talk via phone call?  I am really wanting to offer on this boat, if I can get in my garage with it it's on!!  PM me a # if this is possible please.

Thanks Crew, this forum is awesome!!

by the way, did I get the pic on there or was that Jim?

Edited by PEC
MalibuNation

PEC,

Hopefully @Stevowill get you the info you want to hear.  If things work out and you get the boat please consider being a supporting member with its benefits.  Please see:

http://www.themalibucrew.com/index.php?/store/category/1-subscription-packages/

PS that was me who posted the picture for you.  Non-supporting members can upload pictures to Google Drive or flickr and then post a link to it in a post.  

Thanks!!

Hate to be a Debbie downer but I had that exact tower on the same boat and I had to remove the top part to get though an 8' door. My windshield almost touched on a 7' door. I only put it in the garage once a year but took 30 minutes and 2 people minimum.

It depends on if the front legs of the tower have a hinge. My 04 has the hinge and I can get it in my garage by about 1 inch under the door. If it didn't have the hinge I couldn't get it in the garage. 

MalibuNation

If everything checks out on the boat is the seller close by?  Would they allow you to see if it fits in your garage?

Best place to buy a wedge is in our classified section, Ebay, CL.

Good luck!