Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'16 25LSV Demo Boat...Would you?!?!

Kblagg

3 hours ago, The Hulk said:

you will probably want that as your torque prop and could handle pitching up easily with that SC engine!, the 2277 is probably a good go-to for the 450hp

i debated long and hard on the 23 vs 25....  25 blows the 23 away period.. way better wave, easier wave to handle, does NOT require bow sac.. way more storage/deeper storage, and still drives like a sports car... amazing frankly..much easier to get surfing than the 23lsv and longest wave period! you dont relize it until your surfing parallel with other boats. 

the only other option i would have liked is that monster engine to lower rpms. but didnt have that option 

2016 is a good bet because you get less DRAFT than the 2017 models... a PLUS in many ways for shallow waters/sandbars etc..  not to mention you dont have to do the break in period since its a demo and you can get a good deal!, or even better in 1 month when 18s hit the water. (although this is double edge sword if trading in) friend is in this situation but a 23lsv.

with the 575 i would jump on it and i would not be concerned about the lesser tranny ratio compared to the 17s. 

dealer demo i purchased with roughly 50hrs, great because several kinks worked out before i took her home, and you still get the warranty, dont quote me on this but i think the dealers are suppose to sell them at something around 50hrs but malibu is somewhat flexible on that give or take some hrs. So i would use that to your power, and the price WILL drop in August despite what they say. just depends if they will then give you less on your trade in if your doing that come august.

coming from a 23lsv...i could NEVER go back...

and frankly speaking i think the 25 lsv will carry a better resale than the mxz.. Traditional Bow is making a comeback. and i'm sure the 25 is a bit cheaper than a new MXZ

happy shopping!

Why do you think the 25LSV would have better resale over the MXZ?  The MXZ was redesigned for '17 and the LSV line is due for one in the very near future.  If they announce a new model of LSV next year, then I would think the MXZ would have a better resale (provided that it was a 2017+).

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, Kblagg said:

Why do you think the 25LSV would have better resale over the MXZ?  The MXZ was redesigned for '17 and the LSV line is due for one in the very near future.  If they announce a new model of LSV next year, then I would think the MXZ would have a better resale (provided that it was a 2017+).

Historically the LSV, mainly just the 23, is the best selling wakeboat out there. And the 25 is the big brother so I would believe that it will have very good resale as well. Plus the 23 was redesigned for 2018 and the 25 was introduced in 2016. Not really due for a redesign at all. So yes the LSV will have better resale. 

Edited by ahopkinsTXi

how did the freeboard change between '16 and '17 models?  is it because of more weight or was there a change in the actual hull of the boat? i couldn't find any info other than the spec changing

ahopkins22LSV
30 minutes ago, bass10a said:

how did the freeboard change between '16 and '17 models?  is it because of more weight or was there a change in the actual hull of the boat? i couldn't find any info other than the spec changing

No free board changed for either the 23 or 25 between 16&17. From 13 to 14 the 23 gained a tone of freeboard and again going to the 18 model year. I don't know how much each time, but it was significant. Then from 15 to 16 the 247 LSV became the 25 LSV and it was completely redesigned and gained a ton, and I mean a ton of freeboard. 

2 hours ago, bass10a said:

IIRC the 25 LSV received a steeper shaft angle to accompany a larger diameter prop for 17'. This is where the extra draft comes from that was mentioned earlier. Aside from that the 16' and 17 25 LSV are the same beast. 

Wow, some business model.  Let's act like toddlers and if we don't get our way then let's throw a tantrum and not service your boat and deprive ourselves of additional revenue on service as well as all the surf/wakeboard gear that I would have bought from you.

I'm in complete disbelief right now.  I was told that Malibu corporate encourages this type of business practice.

Edited by Kblagg
eidt

I bought a demo '16 25 LSV last August.  Sticker was $156 and I paid $111.  Had less than two hours on it and the dealer was motivated to move it.  G3, 450, twin REV8s on the tower and every possible light.  I added backup camera, heater, chart plotter GPS (still doesn't work), wake makers PNP custom sacks, extra set of board racks, and those Big Sky pop cleats for the fenders.  Had everything else on it except for a shower.  We moor at the marina on a lift so the trailer will mostly rot somewhere.  I ride goofy and the wake is so big when the boat is loaded that I have put the wedge in lift (M235 style) to calm it down or dropped ballast off the sacks.  The normal side wave is not quite as nice but I unload the starboard sack to 50% to slightly list the boat and mess with the wedge and I can get it almost as good as the goofy side.  Fully loaded with fuel, ballast, wedge, people I estimate that we can displace up to 12,000 lbs of water.

Has enough power for me but that Raptor Motor is loud.  I have never heard the supercharged one but.... could be really loud.  I actually own a Raptor Truck and the motors do sound amazingly similar.  Truck was way quieter till I went with side exit Stainless Works catbacks, but the boat is still louder under load.  

The boat design is extraordinary but the assembly is mediocre for the price of the the thing.  7" touchscreen went bad at 40 hours and the Wakeview seat was installed crooked from the factory.  I do wish for the G4 every time I hit my head on that lower tower speaker.  Absolutely zero regrets despite some of the issues, now if I could get that same deal on a M235 I would really have to think about it.

ahopkins22LSV
6 hours ago, Kblagg said:

I approached my local dealer about the demo model at the out of state dealer and long story short, they couldn't come close to the price and he told me "...You may want to buy that one if it's that great. Something fishy though. Don't let my guys know you bought it new. They won't service it. Tell them it's used if you ever do bring it in. Hopefully they won't find out."

Wow, some business model.  Let's act like toddlers and if we don't get our way then let's throw a tantrum and not service your boat and deprive ourselves of additional revenue on service as well as all the surf/wakeboard gear that I would have bought from you.

I'm in complete disbelief right now.  I was told that Malibu corporate encourages this type of business practice.

Not so sure about that last statement, but the service portion and territory is common. Boat sales are territorial. It is one of the risks you take when you buy a NEW boat out side of your local dealers territory. I am not saying it's right, or backing it, but it is what it is. 

ahopkins22LSV
2 hours ago, Kblagg said:

What differences were there for the 2016 and 2017 25LSV?  Any ideas on when the 2018s will hit the market?

I think the only significant change was prop shaft angle to allow for a 17" prop on the 17's. 18's are hitting dealers now. If you stop in to a dealer they should be able to fill you in on any changes.