Sign in to follow this  
h60swimmer

Wedge on a 92 euro f3

h60swimmer

I rode behind my buddies sportster and it had a wedge and the wake was great....any of you guys know if you can put one on a 1992 Malibu Euro f3? Thanks for the help.

LS-One

No it can't be done, the early Malibus do not have the reinforcment built into the transom needed.

Malibudude
No it can't be done, the early Malibus do not have the reinforcment built into the transom needed.

What he said.

h60swimmer

I was thinking that is the case....I wonder if you could reinforce with extra glass and maybe an aluminum plate of some kind?

Malibudude
I was thinking that is the case....I wonder if you could reinforce with extra glass and maybe an aluminum plate of some kind?

Malibu won't sell a wedge to an owner that doesn't have a hull that can accept the wedge. You must provide your hull ID # to order one.

LS-One

Anything is possible but you would play hell obtaining a wedge.

Mechmaster

Besides the structural strength of the transom, the other issue is the "angle of attack" of the wedge on a hull not designed for it. The wedge, if installed, would be at the wrong angle for effective operation.

You can search the archives for a guy who tried to vary the angle on his wedge. I believe he found the "sweet spot" for operation to be a very small range about the stock Malibu position. There was also a guy a while back who installed a Wedge on an older Mastercraft Prostar with mixed results.

IMO, your money's better spent on sacks and pumps for that boat.

h60swimmer

Thank you for all of the replies...I think it would end up being more of a headache trying to put a wedge on my boat.....I'm actually thinking about getting a new used wakeboard boat....I just wish they weren't so expensive....but I guess you have to pay to play.....again thanks!

Malibudude
Thank you for all of the replies...I think it would end up being more of a headache trying to put a wedge on my boat.....I'm actually thinking about getting a new used wakeboard boat....I just wish they weren't so expensive....but I guess you have to pay to play.....again thanks!

Look for a used Echelon, provided slalom is your main interest, as that was the first model (93') that can use the wedge.