Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

OMG!! New 22MXZ more problems

bottlefedsi

4 minutes ago, ibelonginprison said:

And I can very much do the same for you, should you feel the need to continue that tone. 

I think there is misunderstanding, you were asking if for $200K you can get immortality, I was kindly making an offer to your request (jokingly of course).

Forget my joke if nobody got it

Just now, billjames said:

I think there is misunderstanding, you were asking if for $200K you can get immortality, I was kindly making an offer to your request (jokingly of course).

Forget my joke if nobody got it

One last question does it come with good dealer support?   We all know how that is crucial

Just now, Chrisjjbrown said:

One last question does it come with good dealer support?   We all know how that is crucial

It does as long as the dealer is living. Of course the dealer does not have immortality so at some point, you loose the dealer support :)

1 minute ago, IXFE said:

I'm so lost

Regardless of intent, not really digging references from a stranger about my demise or my family. 

Forget the post, it was not about the demise of you or your family.

Just posted this on the Stereo thread, but maybe I should have put it here:

Yes.  Mine is in the shop right now for the same issue of static coming through the speakers. Also had the 7" screen cutting out, disconnect from bluetooth, kept going back to FM radio and not functioning.  Dealer said they were going to replace that screen.  I will see this weekend if everything is fixed.  On the water the other weekend without the key and it happened.  I tried to switch the batteries off to reset it and when i turned it back on I couldn't even type in the start code.  That was not a fun feeling.  After a couple minutes, I was able to get it started.  Won't be going out without the key again, that is for sure.

Edited by Skin2Win
  • 1 year later...
On 6/7/2017 at 9:01 AM, Agman said:

I agree with Bamboy. I am lucky enough-through work- that I get a new truck every 2 years. I get in it, put the pedal down and never look back. No issues....ever... I drive roughly 45,000 miles a year, towing, 4-wheel drive often in mud. We pay $80-$100k for boats that have "bugs" . I expect "bugs" in lesser of quality boats, not a Malibu. That's why we pay up.... Do we expect to have "bugs" with a $100k Mercedes?? 

Lots of cars get recalls, even Mercedes.

With boats, no matter how common the problem, never a recall.

43 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Not entirely true. Malibu just recalled every 2019 

As well as most of the other brands. It was a fuel pump manufacturing issue that is not limited to Malibu/Axis.

On the porpoising issue, I have noticed with my '19 that when you empty the tanks sitting still...there is still a good amount of water in the rear tanks even when the pumps shut off at 0%. When you get running again...hit drain and you will see that you still have a ways to go once the water shifts towards the rear of the boat. 

4 minutes ago, Chia said:

Should delaminated screens have been replaced at no cost?

IMHO it depends on how old.  AFAIK there is no electronic device with a full lifetime warranty.  Which is why Dad used to always say "Boats and electronics don't mix well"

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Eagleboy99 said:

IMHO it depends on how old.  AFAIK there is no electronic device with a full lifetime warranty.  Which is why Dad used to always say "Boats and electronics don't mix well"

The screens were a manufacturer defect that has been addressed in more recent product runs.

Takata Airbags have been recalled for many years of vehicles.

I should not have to foot the bill for a defect caused by poor design and that makes the manufacturer even more profit when selling replacement screens.

I would not want to be paying for poorly designed airbags and I don't want to pay for poorly designed screens. 

Airbags are safety equipment:  different class.  Ask an early Vette owner about their electronic dash.   Sadly, everything is moving in this direction so I will likely never replace my boat.

On 6/9/2019 at 1:38 AM, Chia said:

Lots of cars get recalls, even Mercedes.

With boats, no matter how common the problem, never a recall.

A recall involves a safety issue. No car manufacturers do a recall for anything that is not safety related.

A warranty is for a specific time frame as well. Plenty of "known defects" come up with cars that are not covered once the warranty is over.

Some people have no idea about what the different levels are for advisory, bulletin, recall. Doesn't matter how many times it is explained.

Edited by 23LSVOwner
  • Like 3
23 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Almost 1500 over many brands, this year alone: http://uscgboating.org/content/recalls.php

Recalls was a poor choice of word on my part.

Defective phones get returned. The Nexus 6p owners are able to get a 400$ settlement for phones purchased in 2015. Thank you class action 

Software glitches get fixed at no cost to the consumer.

Samsung had a problem with ice Makers in some models of fridges. Class action again.

A class action lawsuit would probably prevailed against the manufacturer of the defective screens...but there would be no appetite for such as volumes are too low... doesn't mean it's ok for the manufacturer to produce crap products then profit on the cost of replacing said crap product.

Ah the dreaded screens.  Replaced both 2X on my boat, along with the dreaded electric wedge and surfgate actuators.  Part of my reason to go with Axis this time around - I wanted switches and couldn't be happier with no LCD's.  That said...

The most frustrating part of the screens was getting clear information on things like firmware upgrades, bluetooth issues, etc.  I get a screen can de-lam, but in this day having BT that doesn't work, or having no place to see the most recent firmware spelled out publicly is frustrating.  It seemed like a constant guessing game - one dealer would know of new firmware, another local wouldn't, and around and around it would go.  Definitely think simpler is better....

This has happened to me twice and both times the problem was the connection to the battery being loose.  Got the same "lost comm with ECM" and everything. Double check the battery terminal connectors to make sure they are tight.