Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Nauticurl

csparks13

I've been debating on building my own suck gate or ordering a production model for a while now. I read a bunch of reviews and I decided to order a Nauticurl. Price point is half of the Mission Delta and they offer a 60 day money back guarantee. Debating on ordering a Delta too just to compare. I ordered it Tuesday afternoon and chatted with the guy on Instagram shortly after. He said customers usually receive shipment 3 days after. I've become spoiled with Amazon Prime and expect everything I order to get here in a couple days. Sure enough mine will be here tomorrow. Just in time to test it this weekend. 

I just bought a NautiCurl but haven't tried it out, yet.  There's a promo code "BLEMISH45" for $45 off a blemish model.  I didn't see a blemish on mine when I received it.   Was also completely surprised that it was metal.  Every photo I saw of it made me think it was plastic designed to flex.  It's solid (and I'm assuming powder coated steel?)  We'll see how it works as soon as the water level goes back down.

1iso1_905x600.jpg?v=1478219199

That moment you thought you got a good deal but realize you didn't (Sigh). 

Received my Nauticurl today. Ready to hit the lake tomorrow. 

The Nauticurl worked perfectly. This product is well made also. Top picture is without and the bottom with the Nauticurl. 2005 Malibu 23 LSV all stock MLS ballast including bow tanks at 11.5. Currently I'm only running 250's in the rear lockers. Definitely not enough for surfing. Ballast upgrade about to be ordered. And it was getting rough on the lake. 

913CAE84-601D-4780-B5D2-DD2E887713A6.jpg

1 hour ago, gorilla said:

Ummmmmmmm.....are there any coupon codes that still work???????

Looks well made and very simple design. 

I'd try the blemish45 first and see if that works. I used team20 for $20 off. 

On 5/25/2017 at 10:00 AM, Fffrank said:

I just bought a NautiCurl but haven't tried it out, yet.  There's a promo code "BLEMISH45" for $45 off a blemish model.  I didn't see a blemish on mine when I received it.

Just got mine in, and no blemishes that I can tell either.  I will be trying it out next week.  I am also waiting for the website to update so I can order the foam floatation pad for the back of it as well.

I would suggest upgrading your tether, it will not save your gate if it comes unattached from boat. I was using mine for the second time last week, the suction cups let go, and the rope ripped immediately, wakesurf shaper gone, out 239.00 on only my second use.

1 hour ago, Chadfaber said:

I would suggest upgrading your tether, it will not save your gate if it comes unattached from boat. I was using mine for the second time last week, the suction cups let go, and the rope ripped immediately, wakesurf shaper gone, out 239.00 on only my second use.

Pretty sure why there is a big warning on it to not attach the tether to the boat, instead attach to something that can float (life jacket or buoy on the swim deck or sun pad.)

I use my dogs life jacket when playing with our Tsunami gate & instead of a tether I use a pull down strap like what I use to secure my dirt bikes to the trailer.

I ordered mine with the blemish code and mine also came in blemish free. I have a fender that I plan to clip onto the tether in the event it comes loose. I don't want it bouncing around behind the boat while hooked to a cleat or something. Haven't used it yet but hope to get out tomorrow. If not tomorrow, I will be out for 5 days next week and will have a solid report. 

I sent an email to Nauticurl today about what happened, and they already shipped me another one at no cost! This made my day! Excellent customer service as well as a nice product. They also said the life vests will be available for them in a couple weeks.

• Like 3
20 hours ago, isellacuras said:

I ordered mine with the blemish code and mine also came in blemish free. I have a fender that I plan to clip onto the tether in the event it comes loose. I don't want it bouncing around behind the boat while hooked to a cleat or something. Haven't used it yet but hope to get out tomorrow. If not tomorrow, I will be out for 5 days next week and will have a solid report. 

Let me know how it works on your VLX, I'm Considering it.

I'm a believer.  Used the Nauticurl for the first time last night to good results.

nHeeMNU.jpg

Arayw14.jpg

giphy.gif

Oh.  And definitely worth mentioning: this wasn't behind my LSV.  This was an echelon!

Edited by Fffrank
19 hours ago, Chadfaber said:

I sent an email to Nauticurl today about what happened, and they already shipped me another one at no cost! This made my day! Excellent customer service as well as a nice product. They also said the life vests will be available for them in a couple weeks.

That's good customer service. I had an issue also with a different brand and I sent the guy pics cause he had asked me on/off the way I mounted. Hit the throttle and all I was left with was a 150$ piece of rope. I told the guy and sent him video. And his response was well...."that's that"......

thank you. Made my own for about 50$ and no issues.

On 6/2/2017 at 6:06 AM, dalt1 said:

Let me know how it works on your VLX, I'm Considering it.

Initial results are good. I think I will need to prop down if I continue to run it. I run a 1235 and have no problem when listed but with the gate and both lockers and a bow bag filled, the boat struggled to reach 11mph. I dropped a little weight in the rear and it was good to go. I need a little more time to play with it. We were only out for a couple hours on a crowded Sunday afternoon. Tomorrow I start a 5 day trip so I will report back with a more detailed review. 

2 hours ago, isellacuras said:

Initial results are good. I think I will need to prop down if I continue to run it. I run a 1235 and have no problem when listed but with the gate and both lockers and a bow bag filled, the boat struggled to reach 11mph. I dropped a little weight in the rear and it was good to go. I need a little more time to play with it. We were only out for a couple hours on a crowded Sunday afternoon. Tomorrow I start a 5 day trip so I will report back with a more detailed review. 

Thanks. Would like to sell my Wicked wakes and try this.

On 6/5/2017 at 5:53 PM, isellacuras said:

Waiting on your review. Wanting to order one. Been bout 8 days now. You get to use it more?