Sign in to follow this  
vpracer

Temp Gauge is going Wacko

vpracer

I have 03 LSV Wakestter with 106 hours. I noticed the past weekend the temp gauge seems to jump from around 150 to 0 back to 150 while running. This happens real quick, it doesn't stay at zero. Just wondering if it could be a sensor or something. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Edited by vpracer

MoonDawg

Sounds more like a loose connection to me.

jgouveia3

sounds like typical Malibu gauges to me.

VinRLX
sounds like typical Malibu gauges to me.

Nope. Going with the loose connection theory. Last spring my engine would sporadically cut out or not start. Replaced a few fuses on aft-starboard side of engine (DD) and removed/replaced canon plug. End of problem. This spring my oil pressure gauge would drop to zero and stay there. Wiggled sender wires and removed/replaced canon plug. End of problem.

Of course, I ski when ambient is sub-zero. :skiing: (Tracie, we need a "Brrrr" emoticon. Maybe while you're recovering??? ;) )

coldwater-echelon

Just had a similar experiance on my '93 Echelon. I replaced the temperature sender in the thermostat housing and all my problems went away, cost about $15.

vpracer

Thanks guys, I'll double check connections.

aneal000

Check the sensor at the motor, iirc it was placed in a spot that was somewhat easy to short to ground via a hose clamp.

electricjohn

See my reply's to the gas gauge and oil pressure problems. This plug I refer to might be what everybody else refers to as the cannon plug.