Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

G4 folded question


Recommended Posts

Seems odd that both sides don't lock , like what are the sophisticated mechanics that couldn't be mirrored to the other sides.. hopefully they change this in the future.. 

Link to post
21 hours ago, Fman said:

One side fully locks, the other side should have the yellow indicator showing.

What about the tow pylons on sides of tower, are they standard on G4 tower in 2017? I was assuming they were. Anyone know? 

Link to post
2 hours ago, spikew919 said:

What about the tow pylons on sides of tower, are they standard on G4 tower in 2017? I was assuming they were. Anyone know? 

They are not.  They're on option and a terrific one if teaching new people to surf.  I am pulling this out of my rear but I want to say they're $300, maybe $500...?

Link to post
9 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Seems odd that both sides don't lock , like what are the sophisticated mechanics that couldn't be mirrored to the other sides.. hopefully they change this in the future.. 

I would say they researched it and found that one side locking was plenty as the load in the lowered position isn't as large as the load when it is in the up position.

Link to post
11 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

I would say they researched it and found that one side locking was plenty as the load in the lowered position isn't as large as the load when it is in the up position.

But it is Hulk's idea, so clearly he is right.

Link to post
7 hours ago, Suggy said:

They are not.  They're on option and a terrific one if teaching new people to surf.  I am pulling this out of my rear but I want to say they're $300, maybe $500...?

We demoed the M, it had them, took build sheet from that boat, beacuase wanting everthing it had just different colors, no where on that build sheet does it mention the pylons on tower. I still have that build sheet, fast forward, we ordered new M same build as one demoed, every option it had. No pylons on new one.  ??‍♂️???? 

Link to post
12 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Seems odd that both sides don't lock , like what are the sophisticated mechanics that couldn't be mirrored to the other sides.. hopefully they change this in the future.. 

Both sides do lock, one side will show a yellow bar and the other fully engages.  Trust me this tower is not going anywhere.  It's honestly probably the most advanced engineered tower on the market today.  Especially after pulling some of it apart to look inside.  So far rock solid on the water, no shakes or rattles.

  • Like 2
Link to post
11 hours ago, spikew919 said:

What about the tow pylons on sides of tower, are they standard on G4 tower in 2017? I was assuming they were. Anyone know? 

I think they are standard.  I don't think you can actually change the G4 specs other than the board racks.

Link to post
1 hour ago, Fman said:

I think they are standard.  I don't think you can actually change the G4 specs other than the board racks.

My dealers Rep is having them shipped to me. Undoubtedly just forgot them. 

Link to post

One question on the bimini on the G4, anyone else notice it was very tight to deploy?  Mine is stretched to the max, I am hoping it loosens up a little.   I left it up this week deployed to hopefully help stretch it out.  I also noticed the two short stainless poles were difficult to get into the ball joint and keep the pin engaged.  I finally figured out the pin needs to be rotated 180 degrees to hold in place.  I am sure it will get easier once to the bimini is deployed a few times, first time was definitely a learning experience.

Link to post
3 hours ago, Fman said:

One question on the bimini on the G4, anyone else notice it was very tight to deploy?  Mine is stretched to the max, I am hoping it loosens up a little.   I left it up this week deployed to hopefully help stretch it out.  I also noticed the two short stainless poles were difficult to get into the ball joint and keep the pin engaged.  I finally figured out the pin needs to be rotated 180 degrees to hold in place.  I am sure it will get easier once to the bimini is deployed a few times, first time was definitely a learning experience.

Agree took me a sec to figure it out, had it pop out once but might not of been fully correct ..hasn't since.. little fancy for my liking as it's difficult to also anyone else to do it for first time but seems pretty slick. 

Mine was also very tight but I leave it up all year except a few times it will stretch out and get a tad easier. 

Link to post
9 hours ago, Fman said:

Both sides do lock, one side will show a yellow bar and the other fully engages.  Trust me this tower is not going anywhere.  It's honestly probably the most advanced engineered tower on the market today.  Especially after pulling some of it apart to look inside.  So far rock solid on the water, no shakes or rattles.

Your sure both sides actually latch in down position? Doesn't seem that way seems like one side is definitely looser than the other as if not locked. Simulation of bouncing it seems that one side is not latched and moves much more than the locks side... not fully sure on internals though.

Link to post
1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

Your sure both sides actually latch in down position? Doesn't seem that way seems like one side is definitely looser than the other as if not locked. Simulation of bouncing it seems that one side is not latched and moves much more than the locks side... not fully sure on internals though.

Definitely only one side locked while down. The yellow line on other catches tower when you raise it back up.  Actually read the manual ??‍♂️ My towers lift struts are so strong still will lift tower on its own slowly. And with just the yellow showing it lifts and catches. Pretty nice set up tho 

Edited by spikew919
  • Like 2
Link to post
1 hour ago, spikew919 said:

Definitely only one side locked while down. The yellow line on other catches tower when you raise it back up.  Actually read the manual ??‍♂️ My towers lift struts are so strong still will lift tower on its own slowly. And with just the yellow showing it lifts and catches. Pretty nice set up tho 

I stand corrected...I figured the yellow side was actually locking in as well because you do press handle and engage it.  Guess I should read the instructions :)

Do you have tower speakers on the G4?  with upper ptm racks and 4 exile speakers my tower stays folded down, if anything it feels heavy lifting it back up.  I wonder if the G4 can be ordered with different style shocks on it?

Link to post
9 minutes ago, Fman said:

I stand corrected...I figured the yellow side was actually locking in as well because you do press handle and engage it.  Guess I should read the instructions :)

Do you have tower speakers on the G4?  with upper ptm racks and 4 exile speakers my tower stays folded down, if anything it feels heavy lifting it back up.  I wonder if the G4 can be ordered with different style shocks on it?

Yes I have one set of clamping racks and 4 rev8's. I believe I have read somewhere they have a heavy set of shocks for the ones ordered with tower speakers from factory. I could be wrong. Mine definitely won't stay down. Hard to hold down and latch the latch off to one side for sure. I'm sure once they wear a little will get weaker. 

 

 

 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...