Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looks like my season is done for

WakeGirl

Way to go. Hope the season pass purchase keeps you motivated in your recovery. You don't want to be missing too much of the slope time with the kids. Trust me, it won't be long before they don't want to be seen with you skiing.

I'm trying to decide whether or not to purchase a 10 time pass for Meadows this season. I don't think I will be getting as many days in this year. We will probably get down to Bachelor sometime during the season - maybe when Sara is home from school.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WakeGirl

• Malibudude

• stewart

• jetskipro550

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, it is already really motivating. I got on an exercise bike this morning & was even able to put a shoe on for the first time since the injury (albeit, very loosely). The pool is planned for later in the week. Yahoo.gif Things are really progressing nicely. Fortunately I didn't put on a bunch of weight while I was laid up & my arms are pretty buff from all of the time on crutches, so it just comes down to getting the rest into shape & getting that leg & foot back close to where it was.

• 5 weeks later...

Well boys & girls, I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I had my 12 week appt. with the doc this morning & I am good to start walking again. Yahoo.gif What I am doing today can hardly qualify as "walking", since I can really only sort of stump around. I have been enjoying the physical therapy that I've been taking over the past 6 weeks, but look forward to the fact that now the real work at recovery can begin. Clap.gif

I have to say, this experience has been enlightening in so many ways. I saw a side to life that I had never fully considered or appreciated before - not having the ability to walk is an incredible handicap in our society. Everything takes so much longer & more energy - going shopping on crutches....ugh. Even just getting around the house requires more effort & planning than you would believe. I'm not trying to complain, just give some insight for those of you that haven't been there & done that (those of you that have know what I'm talking about). So just as a reminder, if you see an old person or someone that is obviously handicapped in some way, try to give them in a hand if the opportunity presents itself. And leave those handicapped parking spots empty, there are people that may need them more than you do. Most will appreciate it more than you can know.

I feel extremely fortunate & thankful that everything has gone as well as it possibly could have & that there have been no problems or stumbling blocks along the way (not that I would want to go through this again mind you). I am also very lucky to have such a truly awesome group of guys to take care of me & support me through this. Anyway, thank you all of you for your good thoughts & prayers, I know in my heart that they have helped immensely.

Great glad to hear things are moving quickly. Still going to stay away from the darkside???

I haven't decided. I don't think about it much these days, we'll see how I feel in the Spring.

Well if you decide to ski I'll pony up a ski for ya.... :lol:

Great glad to hear things are moving quickly. Still going to stay away from the darkside???

I haven't decided. I don't think about it much these days, we'll see how I feel in the Spring.

I still think she should switch to barefoot 100%. No WAY she could get hurt that bad without bindings or board or stick. Crazy.gif

Hmmmmm....free equipment....I'll have to think about that. :)

I still think she should switch to barefoot 100%. No WAY she could get hurt that bad without bindings or board or stick. Crazy.gif

Uh yeah, whatever you say Jack. Crazy.gif

I think for now this would be Tracie's best bet...we could change her name to GyroWench® Biggrin.gif

I'd go with Jack's idea first, I'd probably lose my lunch on the first pass in that thing.

Hmmmmm....free equipment....I'll have to think about that. :)

That's a response I wasn't expecting but certainly glad to hear there is a chance...... Yahoo.gif

Whoa!... hate that for you....the time off will pass quicker than you think now.

Sounds like you're progressing well, thats great. As a matter of interest a friend was doing similar move and not really big, came down twisted and broke tib and fib in 4 places, unbelievable really. He now has a rod and screws. He'll be back in spring he says. This the week after he forgot to put his pin in the breakaway trailer and a block from his house trashed his running gear, not a good year for him.