Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looks like my season is done for

WakeGirl

:lol: Yeah, it would have been better if you could say something like, "You had sooooo much air time on that, it was wicked!" As it was, I had decent height (nothing like I was getting at Oroville though), I just got myself all crossed up. Oh well, Joe appreciates me more for all of the stuff that he's having to do around the house now & I appreciate him more for doing it. So in the end (as he puts it), it's probably good for us. How's that for finding the silver lining? :lol:

You definitely had great height on that jump, don't get me wrong. But picturing you coming down and crashing, I would have never thought it would have injured you as bad as it did.

Glad you found the silver lining!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WakeGirl

• Malibudude

• stewart

• jetskipro550

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey there WakeGirl,

Why am I always the last to know? I just heard this weekend about your accident-Ronnie was telling me about it-I actually guessed what injury you had... A Lisfranc fracture-dislocation is nothing to scalk at either. It takes some time to heal. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Wake MD/Jennifer

Thanks Jen. That's what everyone is telling me, time time time. As for whether or not I deserve this, well I appreciate it Andy but I've come to believe that lots of people get things that they don't deserve, whether it's for good or bad. It's how we deal with it that means anything. I've done enough wallowing in self pity lately to last a long time & I'm tired of feeling that way. This is one of those things that can happen if you wakeboard, it's just a fact, & I knew the risks going in & did it anyway. Will I wakeboard again? I don't know, but I'm not as adamant as I once was about not doing it so maybe that's progress (or maybe just impatience with sitting on my arse all day :lol:). Anyway, I just figure that others should at least get some entertainment value out of the pictures, they're just so crazy looking. (What's really wild about that picture isn't just the pins sticking out, but the way that the top of my foot on the right is all mis-shapen from the screws. It feels really weird. Crazy.gif )

no, I want to see the gross ones tomorrow when she gets the thing off...the pics with them sticking out of the skin Vomit.gif

Okay, here you go:

Wow that looks wierd... Really sorry!

Don't worry, you'll be wearing those 5" Stillettos again before you know it. Biggrin.gif

I predict you WILL wakeboard again!

Pat

no, I want to see the gross ones tomorrow when she gets the thing off...the pics with them sticking out of the skin Vomit.gif

Okay, here you go:

Don't worry, you'll be wearing those 5" Stillettos again before you know it. Biggrin.gif

Pat

Now that really did make me laugh out loud! ROFL.gifROFL.gif

Okay, here you go:

Pat

Now that really did make me laugh out loud! ROFL.gifROFL.gif

Glad I could help! Yahoo.gif

P

Okay, here you go:

MAN... That sure is a big zipper.

It looks like your foot is healing up nicley. Keep up with rehap and streaches and you'll be on a board before you know it.

As usual I am the last to know anything. Sorry to hear about your injury Tracie. I was looking forward to seeing you in October - does this mean you will be AWOL that weekend? I hope it works out for you to be there somehow.

BOB

I will be there with bells on! I'll just be driving most of the weekend since I'm out of action for a while. Even if I can't participate fully, I still want to see everyone one last time before the cold sets in.

I'll make sure to not hit ya w/ the handle.... Crazy.gif

I will be there with bells on! I'll just be driving most of the weekend since I'm out of action for a while. Even if I can't participate fully, I still want to see everyone one last time before the cold sets in.

Bells & stilletos - there's an image to hold in our minds on a cold winter's day.

What!, does that mean your actually going to wakeboard? This I gotta see. Tongue.gif

What!, does that mean your actually going to wakeboard? This I gotta see. Tongue.gif

Acutually, last night I handle loaded up and it came into the boat and grabbed the surf board any move it to the rear behind the engine cover... Crazy.gif Sorry but the threat is real... Tongue.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Well I got my pins out today & I feel fantastic. It amazes me how much of a difference those 2 metal pieces made. I can now get my foot in the protective boot that they gave me when they took the splint off & I feel so good that I may be able to go off of the narcotics completely soon. They also said that I can start swimming in a week or so & ride a stationary bike (as long as I'm sitting on the seat) in 2 weeks. I'm still not allowed any weight bearing. That will have to wait until November, but things are really coming along well. And this will sound silly, but it's really nice to have a foot that looks semi-normal & not have freakish-looking metal sticking out of it. Yahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gif

I think you should give us a post-pin pic. But this time, paint your toenails. Whistling.gif

Seriously, do what the doc's say today and you won't have to pay in May. Though that one run may have undone months of fun, you now need advice profound, behavior sound, and Joe acting the hound.

I think you should give us a post-pin pic. But this time, paint your toenails. Whistling.gif

Seriously, do what the doc's say today and you won't have to pay in May. Though that one run may have undone months of fun, you now need advice profound, behavior sound, and Joe acting the hound.

Oh yes, I've been on my best behavior & will continue to be. I'm just very excited that next week I can actually get off of my butt & start some therapy. Just the thought of being able to get out & do something is almost euphoric.

Oh, & no pictures until I can clean my foot up a bit. With those pins being in, I haven't been able to bathe my foot since before the surgery. To say that it's a little ripe is a massive understatement. :lol:

Edited by WakeGirl

Oh yes, I've been on my best behavior & will continue to be. I'm just very excited that next week I can actually get off of my butt & start some therapy. Just the thought of being able to get out & do something is almost euphoric.

Oh, & no pictures until I can clean my foot up a bit. With those pins being in, I haven't been able to bathe my foot since before the surgery. To say that it's a little ripe is a massive understatement. :lol:

Not to worry, we can't smell over the internet. Yet.

At least until Al Gore invents that feature.

Well, I've gone & done it. We purchased season passes to Mt. Bachelor the other day, so I've really got to kick things into high gear if I'm going to be ready. I started physical therapy this week & am excited that I can start swimming in the next few days. It feels so good to be able to actually be working at recovery rather than sitting on my butt 24/7, just waiting. I'm not completely sure when I'll actually be able to snowboard, but I'm anticipating no later than late January/early February (hopefully sooner!). I think that getting my foot in a ski boot is out of the question this year, so I'll be forced into getting better at snowboarding. :) So now the snow watch begins!