Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looks like my season is done for

WakeGirl

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WakeGirl

• Malibudude

• stewart

• jetskipro550

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, the results are definitive. 3 different breaks across the foot will need surgery to fix. Thankfully since they were pretty sure at the outset, they had scheduled surgery at that point, so I'm good to go tomorrow, first up on the schedule.

Good luck tomorrow Tracie! We'll be thinking of you.

Hope all goes well. I'd say time to join netflix :)

Nah. She's going to need more movies and faster than that. I say Joe rents 2 or 3 a day for her and listens from the kitchen as he does the dishes. Innocent.gif

Be well, Tracie.

Hope all goes well. I'd say time to join netflix :)

Nah. She's going to need more movies and faster than that. I say Joe rents 2 or 3 a day for her and listens from the kitchen as he does the dishes. Innocent.gif

Be well, Tracie.

True on the movies...lol but I see Joe moving to paper plates then.... Shocking.gif

True on the movies...lol but I see Joe moving to paper plates then.... Shocking.gif

hahahahaha ROFL.gif Poor Joe that will teach you to say "we want a tantrum...we want a tantrum" :)

Well????? How'd it go??? Your public awaits your prognosis! (sp?)

You and Mom are in the same boat. My Mom had her 7th hurnia (sp?) surgery in 6 years to fix prior surgical hurnias. (large atrerial replacement from sternum to pubic bone 8 yrs ago that has never healed...) Lotsa morphene and lotsa pain...

I hope you aren't in much discomfort!

Patrick

I'm doing fine Pat, thanks for asking. I've spent the majority of the past 30 hours sleeping & trying to find a balance of the right amount of pain killers that will do the job without making me nauseous. (Last night I made the mistake of taking 3 consecutive doses of pain killers, & while all were in the allowed time & dosage, it was really more than I needed. So today I was just trying to sleep it off, I couldn't even look at food. Vomit.gif) In addition, they've got this pump hooked into my leg with a catheter (sp?) that pumps lydocaine (sp?) & deadens the nerve that runs into the foot. So between that & oxycontin (again, sp?) supplemented by percocet as needed, I think that I'm finding the balance (just don't ask me to give any kind of complex answer, it's making me a bit loopy). The good news is that while they put a lot of metal in my foot, all of it will be out within the next 6-7 months. After all of the stories that I've heard about people having screws back out or break, I was happy to hear that. They gave me pictures of it, it is definitely a wild thing to look at (especially the 2 pins that are sticking out of the side of the foot). I'll try to get them posted when I get the energy to go in & scan them in. As for my prognosis, it is excellent. They say that while it may take as much as a year for my foot to feel normal again, everything looks good for healing up the way it's supposed to. I can't ask for more than that.

It will be a glorious day when I can walk on my own again. Funny how we take things like that for granted.

Glad to hear that you are in good spirits (even if some of that is drug induced :) ). That is a long road to recovery which will be hard on you and your whole family. You will find that you can adapt to your circumstances as will your family. It still is tough. Hope there are no complications. I will keep you in prayer.

We've had quite a year. My wife tore her rotator cuff back in January and then finally had surgery in May. The recovery is 6 to 8 months after surgery, so she has not been wakeboarding at all this summer. She is starting to talk about skiing this winter and getting out behind the boat next season for sure. She may even get in a set or two before the winter if it has healed enough.

That's right, I'd forgotten about your wife. How's her recovery coming? Then your daughter broke herself, right?

Thanks for asking.

My wife is slowly improving, with emphasis on the slowly. She decided not to teach this fall in order to continue recovering. The thing that keeps her staying positive (for the most part) is that the prognosis, like for your recovery, is to return to full function. But it takes time and lots of pain to get there.

My daughter is doing fine, although we were out yesterday morning at 6am (at her insistence) boarding and she was getting some massive air. She was hurting afterwards so she may lay off the boarding comeback until next season. She leaves for school in a couple of weeks anyway :( . We were the only ones out on the river and it was absolute glass the entire time.

That's right, I'd forgotten about your wife. How's her recovery coming? Then your daughter broke herself, right?

Thanks for asking.

My wife is slowly improving, with emphasis on the slowly. She decided not to teach this fall in order to continue recovering. The thing that keeps her staying positive (for the most part) is that the prognosis, like for your recovery, is to return to full function. But it takes time and lots of pain to get there.

My daughter is doing fine, although we were out yesterday morning at 6am (at her insistence) boarding and she was getting some massive air. She was hurting afterwards so she may lay off the boarding comeback until next season. She leaves for school in a couple of weeks anyway :( . We were the only ones out on the river and it was absolute glass the entire time.

Ah, you're killin' me! Glad to hear that your wife will get back to 100%. From what I understand of rotater cuff injuries, it's pretty common to have some permanent impairment & like you said, take a long time to heal. She's lucky. We'll have to get very good at our surfing until our parts feel right again. My timeline is about 3 months before I can bear weight, 6 months should be my "all clear" point. But they said that it may take more than a year before the foot feels right again, & even at that it will be different.

Can you believe that these are the first broken bones that I've ever had? Crazy.gif

It will be a glorious day when I can walk on my own again. Funny how we take things like that for granted.

AMEN to that! It was only a month ago I was hobbling around not able to perform the simplest of tasks. Now, this week I have gotten back in to 39.5 off several times and am loving it although I'm still very watchful f what I'm doing and how I'm doing it. When I was laid up and couldn't do much I did get my fix by driving the boat for my friends. I love at least to be in my boat and smell the "boat smell"!

Glad to hear things are moving slowly, Here's to a speedy and full recovery!!!!!!! Yahoo.gif

Tracie, I'm glad to hear your surgery went well. Kim and I wish you a speedy recovery.

FYI, your banned from boarding behind the 247 again. But you probably already knew that......

But, you can Surfing.gifSurfing.gifSurfing.gifSurfing.gifSurfing.gif all you want!!!!!!!

Right now I'd just love to be able to get out on any boat, just to be on the water. Cry.gifCry.gif

Okay this isn't coming from me but from da' wife...if you give up wakeboarding you'll have to change your screen name to wakemomma, skimskategril or surfergirl. Crazy.gif

Right now I'd just love to be able to get out on any boat, just to be on the water. Cry.gifCry.gif

Okay this isn't coming from me but from da' wife...if you give up wakeboarding you'll have to change your screen name to wakemomma, skimskategril or surfergirl. Crazy.gif

Ok people, nuff of the negative talk (though good point Jessica) - Tracie you can't "quit" wakeboarding... or we'll have to change your name to wakegimp, jumpstohigh, 247victim, etc..

And quiting only supports Pete's complaint that the 247 wake is just too big, unusable by any normal human Crazy.gif

Ok people, nuff of the negative talk (though good point Jessica) - Tracie you can't "quit" wakeboarding... or we'll have to change your name to wakegimp, jumpstohigh, 247victim, etc..

And quiting only supports Pete's complaint that the 247 wake is just too big, unusable by any normal human Crazy.gif

I've already told you not to give up what you love, but "GimpGirl" comes to mind.