Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
HPetit

2017 21 VLX vs 210 SAN

Recommended Posts

DatTexasBoy

Whats  pricing look like on that boat?

 

I'd still go 21 or 22 VLX first. Even look at the Supra SR if your up against a lake restriction.

 

I'm just not impressed with the 210 230 line nor the GS line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HPetit

My restriction is that I need a 21' with 98" beam boat as that is all that I can fit on my boat house. Central FL is Nautiques home turf, so they are very popular down here. 

 

Also I haven't seen a 21 VLX that looks as beautiful as the 210. 

 

http://gettommys.com/boats/2017-malibu-wakesetter-21-vlx-wake-hull-8/

 

 

Edited by HPetit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jb 156

surf wake on the bu is better than the 210.  Surfed a 210 and my 2012 was better than it with a stick on gate.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kerpluxal
40 minutes ago, DatTexasBoy said:

Whats  pricing look like on that boat?

 

I'd still go 21 or 22 VLX first. Even look at the Supra SR if your up against a lake restriction.

 

I'm just not impressed with the 210 230 line nor the GS line.

Have you ridden the GS yet? I talked to Garret about getting one out for a demo... getting mixed reviews... but.. I always say ride it before you buy it... If you have not and want to, I will let you know when I get him to get one out... Hopefully not at roundup.. I have yet done a demo at roundup.. to busy having fun in my boat ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
onwi

I'm not sure if the pricing is comparable, but I asked the Nautique dealer at the show why someone would buy the 210 over the GS20. Obviously its a foot longer, but I didn't think I felt it.  The dealer was not able to give me a good reason.  Internal ballast in the GS was much larger and the dealer indicated the wakes were comparable or maybe better in the GS. Obviously just the info from one guy who has limited time with the boat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ConnollyCrew

The smaller Nautiques have a good wakeboard wake. Surf will go to the surfgate equipped boats in that size range. Good luck, keep us posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sixer

My buddy has a SAN 210.  If you are looking to surf, I'd test it before dropping 80k on it.  It'll surf a lot different than a Malibu with Surf Gate (not nearly as well IMO).  Definitely a nice boat though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
strada1

The GS has a 100" beam so it blows the OP's restriction.

Would love to know how the cabin interior space stacks up between the 210 and GS20 though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ahopkinsVTX
4 hours ago, HPetit said:

All of my baseball caps have the bill bent around a baseball the way the good Lord intended. 

Then you can't own a nautique. You'd fail the entry exam for their "owner training"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bamaboy
28 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Then you can't own a nautique. You'd fail the entry exam for their "owner training"

Come on hop I'm sure they will let you join the ski team by now  :Tease3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bamaboy

Base motor is 400 HP which is pretty comparable

 

A couple other features I like on the G that the SAN 210 has is surf select, surf pipe, and seadek standard.  You can also get a JL system from the factory.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ahopkinsVTX
17 minutes ago, bamaboy said:

Base motor is 400 HP which is pretty comparable

 

A couple other features I like on the G that the SAN 210 has is surf select, surf pipe, and seadek standard.  You can also get a JL system from the factory.  

Surf select? Like pushing "surf left or surf right"? 2017's come with wetsound stereo which is very nice. Surf pipe and sea deck could be added for way way less then the price difference between the two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bamaboy
3 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Surf select? Like pushing "surf left or surf right"? 2017's come with wetsound stereo which is very nice. Surf pipe and sea deck could be added for way way less then the price difference between the two.

http://www.nautique.com/press/nautique-surf-select-and-wavfront-honored-as-boating-industry-top-50-produc

 

Honestly I don't know a ton about the 210.  In fact, I'm pretty sure it will be gone soon from the lineup.  These are just some features of the nautique boats that I like.  I'm sure the 21 VLX is a fine boat.  

Edited by bamaboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ahopkinsVTX
10 minutes ago, bamaboy said:

http://www.nautique.com/press/nautique-surf-select-and-wavfront-honored-as-boating-industry-top-50-produc

 

Honestly I don't know a ton about the 210.  In fact, I'm pretty sure it will be gone soon from the lineup.  These are just some features of the nautique boats that I like.  I'm sure the 21 VLX is a fine boat.  

:clap: it made the top 50

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bamaboy
36 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

:clap: it made the top 50

I'm not too interested in that award but I know the watch is awesome.  You can control speed, NCRS, NSS, radio volume and switch sides in two different modes while surfing.  Pretty cool feature but that is just my opinion.  

 

I didn't get the wavefront option (it's pretty expensive IIRC).  @TenTwentyOne can probably comment on it.  I think he has it.

 

In the end, the 210 will be more pricey but hey...you get what you pay for.....flame on!

Edited by bamaboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ahopkinsVTX
Just now, bamaboy said:

I'm not too interested in that award but I know the watch is awesome.  You can control speed, NCRS, NSS, radio volume and switch sides in two different modes while surfing.  Pretty cool feature but that is just my opinion.  

 

I didn't get the wavefront option (it's pretty expensive IIRC).  @TenTwentyOne can probably comment on it.  I think he has it.

 

In the end, the 210 will be more pricey but hey...you get what you pay for....FLAME ON

A bigger balance on a loan that you are going to be underwater on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chrisjjbrown
28 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

A bigger balance on a loan that you are going to be underwater on?

Hopkins appears to be on the clock for skiers pier right now. 

Or you could go with Malibu and get a saggy floor

Edited by Chrisjjbrown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ahopkinsVTX
9 hours ago, Chrisjjbrown said:

Hopkins appears to be on the clock for skiers pier right now. 

Or you could go with Malibu and get a saggy floor

Work as an engineer at a company that makes commercial truck exhaust systems and not sure how my rotted out sagging bathroom floor I showed you last week has anything to do with a Malibu. 

 

Was just trying to point point out that Malibu has the same features, but whatever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chrisjjbrown
1 hour ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Work as an engineer at a company that makes commercial truck exhaust systems and not sure how my rotted out sagging bathroom floor I showed you last week has anything to do with a Malibu. 

 

Was just trying to point point out that Malibu has the same features, but whatever. 

That's an interesting biography

All I saw was a malibu fan boy bashing nautique

Saggy floors must be everywhere these days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TenTwentyOne
12 hours ago, bamaboy said:

I'm not too interested in that award but I know the watch is awesome.  You can control speed, NCRS, NSS, radio volume and switch sides in two different modes while surfing.  Pretty cool feature but that is just my opinion.  

 

I didn't get the wavefront option (it's pretty expensive IIRC).  @TenTwentyOne can probably comment on it.  I think he has it.

 

In the end, the 210 will be more pricey but hey...you get what you pay for.....flame on!

 

The watch is pretty sweet, except that pebble threw them a curve ball when Fitbit bought them out....... At least Nautique is stepping up with a new platform app to retrofit to work on '16s and '17s.

Wavefront is awesome. It really adds a lot of balance to the overall sound...... Makes it feel more like you are surrounded by sound, rather than coming only from certain areas. In 2017, that option also includes 2 JL M12IB6 Subs, which is a major step up from a single M10IB5. The entire studio elite system is incredible, except the head unit. Polk sucks. Luckily, that contract with CC ends this year. First thing I did to my boat, was swap to a Fusion HU. Sound quality is 10x better, especially through BT.

 

I wasn't going to jump in on this thread, as I have 0 experience with the 21 VLX. The only newer Malibu I have experience with lately, is a 2015 LSV that my buddy owns. We have 2 210s in our group (an '08, and a '13), and they both kick a wave, that is as good, or better than the 23 LSV........

WITH THAT SAID........ Both of those 210s are sacked up, well above stock. The LSV just has upgraded rear bags, and a 750lb bow sack. IIRC, the 210s are running stock + 600s in rear compartments, 400s under lounge seats, and a 500lb bow sack. The 210 stock wave, was pretty "meh".....Even with "pro ballast" on the '13.

Technically, that isn't a huge difference in ballast, as they are running rear bags and a bow bag in the LSV...... but at least there is still good storage under the lounge seats. On the 210, that extra 800lbs in the middle makes all the difference, and is needed IMO.

@ahopkinsTXi- Personally, I like the color you are adding to the thread :)

This is a Malibu forum, yes??

Edited by TenTwentyOne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ahopkinsVTX
23 minutes ago, TenTwentyOne said:

 

The watch is pretty sweet, except that pebble threw them a curve ball when Fitbit bought them out....... At least Nautique is stepping up with a new platform app to retrofit to work on '16s and '17s.

Wavefront is awesome. It really adds a lot of balance to the overall sound...... Makes it feel more like you are surrounded by sound, rather than coming only from certain areas. In 2017, that option also includes 2 JL M12IB6 Subs, which is a major step up from a single M10IB5. The entire studio elite system is incredible, except the head unit. Polk sucks. Luckily, that contract with CC ends this year. First thing I did to my boat, was swap to a Fusion HU. Sound quality is 10x better, especially through BT.

 

I wasn't going to jump in on this thread, as I have 0 experience with the 21 VLX. The only newer Malibu I have experience with lately, is a 2015 LSV that my buddy owns. We have 2 210s in our group (an '08, and a '13), and they both kick a wave, that is as good, or better than the 23 LSV........

WITH THAT SAID........ Both of those 210s are sacked up, well above stock. The LSV just has upgraded rear bags, and a 750lb bow sack. IIRC, the 210s are running stock + 600s in rear compartments, 400s under lounge seats, and a 500lb bow sack. The 210 stock wave, was pretty "meh".....Even with "pro ballast" on the '13.

Technically, that isn't a huge difference in ballast, as they are running rear bags and a bow bag in the LSV...... but at least there is still good storage under the lounge seats. On the 210, that extra 800lbs in the middle makes all the difference, and is needed IMO.

@ahopkinsTXi- Personally, I like the color you are adding to the thread :)

This is a Malibu forum, yes??

Some one has to stick up for Malibu right? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...