Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Boat + New Location = Big Change for IXFE

IXFE

7 hours ago, DarkSide said:

Unless you are a buyer!  In AZ If you buy from a dealer you pay sales tax.  If you buy private party NO SALES TAX!  

So hypotbetically dealer has 2016 23 lsv for 90k, i have 2016 23 lsv for 95k.  It would be cheaper to buy mine at 95k and no tax vs. 90k + 8.3% sales tax at the dealer.   

This is where you have to have the more desireable boat. 

7 hours ago, isellacuras said:

California has got to be the worst. You buy a boat, you pay tax. 7-9% depending on county. New/used, trade/no trade, doesn't matter. On top of that they have an annual luxury tax of  ~1% of the appraised value.  

Wisconsin is the same way.  MN will waive the taxes on a private sale or credit you towards your trade in value.

50 minutes ago, DatTexasBoy said:

Great looking ride. I picked mine up this week too. Ready to get out there and ride fro sure.

Would ask you what you got now... but I guess I will see it this weekend!!!!! One thing I do know is that it is another Supra :whistle:

• Like 1
22 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Hmmm, I forgot you only pay tax on the difference.  The LSV is due for a refresh soon :)

You in MO?  Who is your dealer?

I'm in rolla mo but boat on Norfork lake in Northern Arkansas.  Perfect catch marine is my dealer since they service the lake.  They have been trying to fix my Brand new M235 for the past 3 weeks.  Mystery service code.  Hopefully this week.  Water testing keeps getting delayed by the massive flooding.

3 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

You guys and your cheap tax, I'm Jealous! 12% tax and 30% exchange rate up here in BC. 

Ugg.  That's awful.   :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2017 at 8:12 PM, potterm said:

I'm in rolla mo but boat on Norfork lake in Northern Arkansas.  Perfect catch marine is my dealer since they service the lake.  They have been trying to fix my Brand new M235 for the past 3 weeks.  Mystery service code.  Hopefully this week.  Water testing keeps getting delayed by the massive flooding.

Played a rugby tournament in rolla in 1982? Nice little college town, drove up from New Orleans 

6 hours ago, IXFE said:

I can't believe I'm doing this again. Feels like Groundhog Day

71B21ADD-991D-48C8-BC0E-407B4501A9D4_zps

C7BFD804-0069-4DA3-B38D-6C6F09173352_zps

4D4FB765-675D-4947-84D8-B76A7DEB7CC2_zps

A4B934DE-CC14-4A6E-9445-A83C29ACA5C5_zps

80F8229B-F141-43AC-9105-EF293A96F611_zps

4EB98941-7A59-4A12-AF99-E02FE9495F9D_zps

And in Wetsounds Back Yard no less...What are you doing for speakers? 

• 2 weeks later...

How much time all-in for your builds?  I haven't updated my thread but mine is nearly complete and took at least 2x as much time as I was planning.

7 hours ago, Fffrank said:

How much time all-in for your builds?  I haven't updated my thread but mine is nearly complete and took at least 2x as much time as I was planning.

Idk... I don't really count the hours and I don't power through them all at once. I have a day job and a family and a million other things competing for my time. So I work on it little bit at a time. Also, it's not like I'm working in a professional shop. Then boat isn't even at my house so there's a lot of wasted time running back and forth, getting started, shutting down, running to Home Depot, etc. 

I'm probably 10 hours into this build with another 10 to go. That's about as precise as I can get. 

But yeah, it definitely takes longer than most people realize, especially if you're being thoughtful about it, trying new things, etc.