Sign in to follow this  
88Skier

Calibrated speedo with GPS

88Skier

I'd never calibrated my speedos in either boat. Previously, I adjusted the Skier to 45 at WOT and the Sportster to 50 at WOT.

With the GPS, the Skier does 44, but at 30, it was 2 mph off. So now, I calibrated it to 30 for skiing speeds and top end says 43. Top end on the Sportster is 49. At GPS 30, it was reading 35. I've calibrated it at 30 for skiing speeds, at top end it reads 47.

The farther I get away from the calibrated speed, the more inaccurate the speedos are. I am surprised at their inaccuracy. I thought I was a 30-36 mph skier but, really I'm a 25 to 30 mph skier. No wonder Son got his clocked cleaned at the INT when he told them he wanted to go 34.

jgouveia3

remember that these speedos are non linear, that's why they are off at different speeds. PP solves the problem, but if you don't have it, dial in one speedo for one of the more popular speeds you use (i.e. 32 for skiing) then the other for the next popular (i.e. 21 for wakeboarding). then you are close for other speeds in those ranges. using the GPS all the time helps too.