Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Prop Needed

RogerQ

We're buying a replacement for the stock prop that came with my 05 LSV while the stock one gets repaired. It seems like a good idea to have a second prop of a different pitch to increase hole shot.

What should I buy?

Go to wakeside.com You can look up props there based on the type of riding you're doing.

If you're doing a lot of weighted boarding they've got the 857 and a new one, I think it's the 1235? Call Acme directly and tell them whe you're looking for. They've got good customer service.

Go to wakeside.com You can look up props there based on the type of riding you're doing.

If you're doing a lot of weighted boarding they've got the 857 and a new one, I think it's the 1235? Call Acme directly and tell them whe you're looking for. They've got good customer service.

Thanks.

We're buying a replacement for the stock prop that came with my 05 LSV while the stock one gets repaired. It seems like a good idea to have a second prop of a different pitch to increase hole shot.

What should I buy?

Which prop do you have currently? Your boat has the Hammerhead 383, right? Do you ever boat at high elevations?

RogerQ - I destroyed my prop over the weekend at the MN WOW and spoke with ACME this morning about different prop applications for my 2005 Sunscape 21 LSV. Since I surf nearly 95% of the time he recommended the 1235, but you should call him directly because it all depends what you do behind your boat the most. He would have recommended something different if I skied most of the time. I cannot recall the name of the gentleman that I spoke with but he was a great guy.

Hope this helps.

Rob

What should I buy?

Which prop do you have currently? Your boat has the Hammerhead 383, right? Do you ever boat at high elevations?

it is a 13.5/19--the prop designed for the 8.1l big block. Yes, we have the HH.

Just out of curiosity, why that prop? I'd go with either the 381 or 537, the 537 getting the nod out of the 2 for more torque & hole shot but will lose a bit on the top end.

Acme suggested a 381 for all around flexibility, so we bought it today. Gets delivered Thursday. They've never seen anyone with a 13.5/19 on a LSV.

Just out of curiosity, why that prop? I'd go with either the 381 or 537, the 537 getting the nod out of the 2 for more torque & hole shot but will lose a bit on the top end.

Acme suggested a 381 for all around flexibility, so we bought it today. Gets delivered Thursday. They've never seen anyone with a 13.5/19 on a LSV.

On my 05 LSV HH 383 I ran a 537 and it was awesome!

My 06 247 8.1L came with a 381 and it was kind of doggie out of the hole. I switched it to a 537 and got more out of the hole.

The thing to keep in mind, is that you want to be able to spin the prop up as qucikly as possible without too much cavitation. A good guide is to use your WOT as a guage. Your boat w/ a HH383 can run at ~5300-5400 RPM WOT (rev limiter will kick in around here). I would get a prop that puts me pretty close to that. For example, 06 247 8.1L w/ 381 prop: slow out of hole, WOT 4600 RPM. Switched to 537: Better holeshot, WOT 5200 RPM which is close to max.

Interesting enough, I checked the link Romi put above and propellors online doesn't even mention a 537 and yet most of us are running one Dontknow.gif

Roger - my source in ID turned out to be a bust. My friend who just got his prop back from them said it still vibrated after the repair. I guess he got what he paid for.

Let me know if you find a good source for repair. I'm looking too.

I got the business card of a guy in Rancho Cordova (Sacramento area) that Woody has used and he said he is really good. I have my old prop to have repaired for a spare so I'll let you know.

The biz card is around here somewhere. I'll post his info when I find it.

Edited by NorCaliBu
Roger - my source in ID turned out to be a bust. My friend who just got his prop back from them said it still vibrated after the repair. I guess he got what he paid for.

Cope is sending it out. Out and back on Wednesdays.

I got the business card of a guy in Rancho Cordova (Sacramento area) that Woody has used and he said he is really good.

American River Propellor

3263-F Monier Circle

Rancho Cordova, CA 95742

916-631-9909

Jeff Flovin - Owner

Comes recommended by Woody (I plan to find out soon though).

• 2 weeks later...