Sign in to follow this  
IceMelted

Hole drilled through boat

IceMelted

I just bought a 05 Vride and the previous owner must have drilled a hole in the side of the boat right under the tower mount. I assume it was to run his lights / speaker wire, but he left the hole un-protected Crazy.gif . I wondering if anyone has any suggestions on either covering this hole, or using some type of a grommet or even a connection like the bilge drain hole??? I'd like it to look as nice as possible, either stainless or similar to a black plastic like the bilge drain.

speakerhole.JPG

Edited by IceMelted

Pistol Pete

Hardware store for either a rubber plug or a stainless cap that you could silicone into place.

Greg_S

The San Diego CC dealer has these SS grommets that would work great. They are used as anchor grommets (for lack of a better phrase) and you can have a 'quick connect' for bumpers and such. If you give him a call and e-mail a pic, I bet it would work out for you.

M2o Marine 619-488-0100

newone
I just bought a 05 Vride and the previous owner must have drilled a hole in the side of the boat right under the tower mount. I assume it was to run his lights / speaker wire, but he left the hole un-protected Crazy.gif . I wondering if anyone has any suggestions on either covering this hole, or using some type of a grommet or even a connection like the bilge drain hole??? I'd like it to look as nice as possible, either stainless or similar to a black plastic like the bilge drain.

speakerhole.JPG

How about a stainless plug used for pluging holes in sinks, where the sink has a hole for a sprayer And it is not used

Pistol Pete

That's what I was thinking. I just coudn't remember the application for the plug.

Big Dubya

Light sanding

polyester or epoxy resin w/ fiberglass reinforcement

MalibuCrew sticker over blemish

fixed

Greg_S
Light sanding

polyester or epoxy resin w/ fiberglass reinforcement

MalibuCrew sticker over blemish

fixed

A little ghetto, but it could work Biggrin.gif

IceMelted
The San Diego CC dealer has these SS grommets that would work great. They are used as anchor grommets (for lack of a better phrase) and you can have a 'quick connect' for bumpers and such. If you give him a call and e-mail a pic, I bet it would work out for you.

M2o Marine 619-488-0100

Thanks, I'll make that call. It looks like the best idea, based on what I'm looking for.

mikea

do you plan on using this hole to run speaker wires thru?

try a DIN connector.

on the website try "catalog page 723"

try mcmaster.com for the din connectors or fiitings/covers

IceMelted
do you plan on using this hole to run speaker wires thru?

try a DIN connector.

on the website try "catalog page 723"

try mcmaster.com for the din connectors or fiitings/covers

Yes, I'm hoping to add some Alpha II Speakers and Lights as well. I've never looked real close at other peoples setup for their wiring, is this what they use?

mikea

din connectors are one way to do it

it gives you the option of quick disconnect

(taking the tower off for winter storage, or disconnecting during lightning storms)