Sign in to follow this  
danadog

Mounting Bimini to windsheild frame question

danadog

I picked up a bimini and would like to mount it to my windsheild frame.

Should I mount from the top of the frame or to the side of the frame?

My fear is of cracking the glass Cry.gif

Any one know how long of screw I can use?

Thanks again,

Shawn

ibelieve

I never like them mounted to the windshield frame. If you mount outside the windshield, you can drop the bimini to the front of the windshield when not in use and it will be mostly out of the way. If mounted to the windshield frame, you can only drop it to the back (always in the way) or remove it.

We go out in the early AM with the bimini down and when it starts to get hot we put it up. Would hate having to go back get it while wasting nice water.

/Steve

BlastRlxi

I would mount it to the frame. I think it looks better and it sits higher so you don't hit your head on it so easily. Be careful drilling the holes because you can crack the glass. I think that the screws come with the mounting hardware, BICBW.

jgouveia3

i had mine made with longer "arms" and mounted on the side, so it flips back or front, and it is tall enough that you don't crank you head on it. it is nice to have it so it folds forward when not in use.

Mine was mounted either from the factory or the dealer when it was new and the aft loop is mounted about an inch forward of the point where the windshield frame meets the gelcoat and it is mounted on top of the frame.

The other loop (front) is mounted on the lower frame of my Swoop Tower.

danadog

Thanks for all of the input guys!

I went to the store and bought mounting hardware and it did not come with any screws.

I do like the idea for being able to fold it down, but as BlastRlxi stated I want it up on the higher end if possible.

ibelieve
i had mine made with longer "arms" and mounted on the side, so it flips back or front, and it is tall enough that you don't crank you head on it. it is nice to have it so it folds forward when not in use.

ditto ... bought mine from Overtons ... approx $250 and is plenty high with nice coverage.

/Steve

BigCity

Does anyone have any tips and pics and where and how to mount a bimini on the windshield? 2000 Response LX. Any help is appreciated. Thanks