Sign in to follow this  
tparider

replacement matching carpet?

tparider

I am looking for some 2005 carpet in grey to use for covering a sub box in my boat. My dealer says that they don't have any remnants lying around, so I'd have to order a whole roll, which would be $350-400.

Anyone have any recommendations for getting 40-50 sq ft of carpet? btw - the stuff at Home Depot was cheap but looked like crap...

WakeGirl

Take a small amount to a reputable carpet shop, they should be able to get what you need in the right amount. They'll probably have to order it, but you'll get the right look.

tparider

hmmm good call. I'm not sure I know of any carpet places around here, but I guess the yellow pages is probably inundated with them. Maybe the internet will work too. ROFL.gif

I was hoping to get "Malibu" carpet, but if it's a perfect match, I guess I don't care...

Pistol Pete

40-50 sq. ft.?

How many sub boxes you doin'? 10?

tparider
40-50 sq. ft.?

How many sub boxes you doin'? 10?

hahahah

actually, I'm doing a sub box and a fascia board that is going in front of a sub box. The board is about 9 sq ft (some extra in the for getting the edges wrapped) and the sub box is about 6-7 sq ft total for all sides if I had to guess. So that is about 16 give or take, then I wanted to have a little extra.

okay, I guess I only need about 25 sq ft. Biggrin.gif hahhaha

BBeakley

I asked my local stereo shop who they use to get their trunkliner and other carpets from. When I found that place they had all kinds of different colors and weaves and backing layouts. Although it wasn't an exact match, I got something that was extremely close in color and had no backing which made stretching it over the curved sub box I built a whole lot easier. In fact, the factory exact match carpet wouldn't have worked because the backing was too thick and the material didn't stretch at all. Of course, if you're doing a more basic square/rectangle type box that wouldn't be an issue. Nice part is, since it's always in the shade under the dash, it's hard to tell the color so if you're off slightly it won't show.

db252

Might want to PM Jeffmx. I know he had a bunch laying around of the 05 style in grey.

tparider

cool thanks for the info db252.

yabetcha

Interesting, my dealer was able to order the 12 sq feet I needed from the Malibu factory, I just had to pay the shipping. Not sure why they wouldn't be able to the do the same as well since the factory was willing to send whatever size I needed.

jeffmx

David,

I just sent you an email.

I do have a roll of gray carpet up in the attic, from my last boat, which was an 04,and I already gave some to other folks on here for various sub box projects.The only thing is, I don't know how much I have left up there, so I will have to look. You say you want 40-50 sq ft?

I will check my stash...

jeffmx

David,

I finally dragged the roll of carpet out of the attic and I have a piece 16ft x 7 1/2 ft. I sent you an email with a picture.

Jeff

jeffmx

David,

Did it show up yet?

wakesetter23lsv06

Hey Jeff I am down if Dave doesn't want it. What are u asking $