Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu marketing, are you watching?


Recommended Posts

Wow, did any if you see this on Facebook? Very cool interactive 3D video put out by Mastercraft.  And Malibu can barely get their website current   

 

Works on about everything but Safari, FYI. 

Link to comment

I've spent hours designing boats on Mastercraft's sight. Maybe a few minutes on Malibu's. You would think Malibu would get their act together one day...

Link to comment
2 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Wow, did any if you see this on Facebook? Very cool interactive 3D video put out by Mastercraft.  And Malibu can barely get their website current   

 

Works on about everything but Safari, FYI. 

If marketing equates to sales, then malibu is doing a much better job than MC ;)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Hmm, it worked on the Facebook app on my iphone.  And now I can't get a valid link onto the forum.    Anyways, if you can find it, it was pretty cool.  As the video was rolling of the XT23, you could tilt, rotate, etc. your phone and without missing a beat the video would move with you to show a different view of the boat.  

Link to comment

Windows 10 with Chrome. Worked like a charm. I wish my boat had less carpet like that XT23 but I still wouldn't trade...good marketing vids or not.

Link to comment

The video technology was awesome and was my only real point.  Perhaps the thread title was a bit strong.  Certainly the MC campaigns have been laughable, but they do have their product info out there at least. 

Link to comment
5 hours ago, hethj7 said:

The video technology was awesome and was my only real point.  Perhaps the thread title was a bit strong.  Certainly the MC campaigns have been laughable, but they do have their product info out there at least. 

I know, man... just bustin' your chops :salute:

Link to comment
11 hours ago, IXFE said:

I'm not saying Bu is perfect... far from it.  Every year the new model launch is.... interesting to say the least.  But for lessons in marketing I suggest they look OUTSIDE the marine industry.  

 

There is absolutely no method to the madness....  One day the 21 VLX pops up... Then two weeks later the 22/24 MXZ show up.  This is just atrocious execution in marketing... I just want to see the boats!

Link to comment
1 minute ago, BadgerBoater55 said:

There is absolutely no method to the madness....  One day the 21 VLX pops up... Then two weeks later the 22/24 MXZ show up.  This is just atrocious execution in marketing... I just want to see the boats!

Go to local dealer and have a look?

Link to comment
martinarcher

One thing I will say is the new video for the Nautique crossover makes me wish Malibu was marketing was going more that way....aka showing what a day on the water is all about and showing how killer the boat really is....

1.  Shredding behind the boat on a wakeboard.

2.  Showing off the surf wave

3.  Showing off a guy killing it on the slalom ski.

4.  Showing family and friends having a blast out on the boat (what it's all about IMO).

I didn't see any flat bill, "mo-money-mo-problems" stuff at all.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Just now, BadgerBoater55 said:

Our local dealer doesn't place 2017 orders until almost winter.  

Ah.  Ours already has a 2017 VLX 21 and an MXZ 24 - maybe others that they are not listing online until the 2016's of those models are gone

Edited by oldjeep
Link to comment
13 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Ah.  Ours already has a 2017 VLX 21 and an MXZ 24 - maybe others that they are not listing online until the 2016's of those models are gone

Yeah, I found it a little strange that the 2017's won't be there until after summers end, but it also makes some sense since nobody wants to holdover a brand new boat all winter in Wisconsin.  Oh well... Even if the 2017's were out at my dealer it would not even begin to justify Malibu's Press Release method... It makes absolutely zero sense.  Although it is probably something we care about more than those who are not TMC.

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

Marine World is probably closer, but I bought from Stateamind in St. Louis.  

We're 4 hours up go MN Inboard. Bought from Skiers Pier in Michigan. 

Could go to valley but we like MN

Edited by ponderosasurf
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...