Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Yeti, the WHOLE FOODS of outdoor gear.

Big Jay D

I can buy most of what is at WHOLE FOODS at competitors places for a fraction of the cost. My wife received a 30oz Tumbler w/ YETI stamped on it with a logo printed on it as a gift from said company. I was at Wally World getting some Campa-Clean Blu Goo and saw THE EXACT same tumbler with an Ozark Trail stamp on it. The Wally World Tumbler was $10. Yeti wants $40 for theirs.

So this is where I'm going with this. I need a badass REAL DEAL 7 day cooler. Igloo and Coleman can ****** because when it's 110 degrees out and my coolers are filled half way with ice, half with bevies, covered with a blanket and stashed in the shade at camp they still blow through ice at about 20 pounds a day. 2 days and ice is gone. I know Yeti makes a kick a** cooler. At least that is what all the people that shelled out $300+ for a cooler say. I need an Ozark Trail version of the Yeti Tundra. Does any one make something like that?

Edited by Ronnie
Language against the TOU's.
8 minutes ago, Big Jay D said:

I can buy most of what is at WHOLE FOODS at competitors places for a fraction of the cost. My wife received a 30oz Tumbler w/ YETI stamped on it with a logo printed on it as a gift from said company. I was at Wally World getting some Campa-Clean Blu Goo and saw THE EXACT same tumbler with an Ozark Trail stamp on it. The Wally World Tumbler was $10. Yeti wants $40 for theirs.

While not "on topic" for the OP, for those looking for the WalMart knockoff Ozark Trail tumblers:

20oz:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-20-Ounce-Double-Wall-Vacuum-Sealed-Tumbler/49772705

30oz:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-30-Ounce-Double-Wall-Vacuum-Sealed-Tumbler/49772708

Bed Bath and Beyond carries Orca, but the prices appear to be in line with Yeti. Here's a series of good articles on comparison and testing of all the "premium" options:
http://commutercruiser.com/premium-coolers-engel-vs-grizzly-vs-pelican-vs-yeti-vs-yukon/

I have but it's expensive and usually freezes everything. I just need a cooler that will actually last 3-4 days. I'm going to look at the size of the Rtic and see if it will do what I need. 

Supposed to be 118° on Sunday. Cold beer is worth more than gold. 

22 minutes ago, Big Jay D said:

I have but it's expensive and usually freezes everything. I just need a cooler that will actually last 3-4 days. I'm going to look at the size of the Rtic and see if it will do what I need. 

Supposed to be 118° on Sunday. Cold beer is worth more than gold. 

Yeah, I should have elaborated... you pretty much have to use two coolers, one storage cooler frozen with dry ice and frozen items, maybe even extra regular ice or ice packs. Once your main drink/daily cooler melts, you transfer from the dry ice cooler. We use this on 7-10 day raft trips and it's the only way to be assured of keeping perishable food frozen. I'm sure in your neck of the woods the rafters are doing the same on the Colorado.