Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wetsounds WS-220BT

Murphy8166

Saw this on the Instagram a week ago and just noticed it on the website.  Look to be pretty cool!  https://wetsounds.com/pages/products/WS-220BT.html

For total control over your Wet Sounds system, look to the WS-220 BT 4 Zone Level Controller with Bluetooth. The WS-220 BT allows independent control of four separate audio zones and a simple master volume control. All four zones are equal and can be set up to control your favorite Wet Sounds amplifiers to fed zones such as our tower speakers, cabin speakers and subwoofers. The WS-220 BT is designed to give a user ultimate control at their fingertips over any Audio System. 

Equipped with a talkback microphone, the WS-220 BT automatically mutes the music on Zone 1 when the Talk Button is pressed. This allows for communication over a wide area, then reverts back to the music when the talk button is released.

You can choose to listen to music from a main source unit or an auxiliary input and for maximum versatility, the WS-220 BT also includes Bluetooth compatibility for wireless steaming convenience from your smartphone, or any other Bluetooth enabled device. All three sources have independent gain adjustments for the perfect matched output on any source.

The WS-220 BT also includes the exclusive Wet Sounds Wired Audio Link, which allows you to connect your audio with other Wet Sounds equipped systems for the ultimate party experience!

01_zpsl4jdn9qq.png

So it does he same as a 420BT, adding one zone and taking away the eq part? 

What would the 4th zone be used for in a boat? Bow speakers?

I can see how it would be easier to use with less knobs to mess with. 

What else am I missing?

Edited by henrik
Text

Lots of potential uses for a 4th zone...in addition to the typical three zones of in-boat/cockpit, tower and sub, there is bow, transom, plus a number of other zones in boats other than towboats.   

Bow speaker for sure, or salon speaker or transom speaker on a larger boat. I can see this being great for certain applications but in no way, replacing the EQ adjust ability of the 420 for other systems. 

Still has main input, AUX hard cable and BT. Even would work as the main source unit with no traditional head unit.

I'll give it a solid "huh."  Like it answers a question I didn't ask, but if the price were right I can totally see the utility (not for me, but for someone).  I mean the wakeboat market is only a small part of the boating market generally.  Seems like it'd be real useful on a cruiser.   Assuming the P.A. only plays on one zone?  Might be cool to let the p.a. play on multiple or selectable zone(s) so you can call down to the galley from the fly bridge to hurry up with that beverage.

• Like 3

I haven't been on in a while because of work. This is exactly what I was looking for in my last thread.

WS220.JPG.347ee729732bf23882ac305a9c6950

I had a WS420 removed on 05-13-16, and the WS220 installed.

The PS8 has not been installed yet.

The system was tuned with amps and line drivers only and it is already light years better than the WS420.

I actually hated the WS420

Cant wait for the PS8 and 4 more WS808 in the cabin

• 2 months later...

Used WS-220? They just released a couple months ago. Dont know what your perspective is for a smoking deal, but start with your local Wet Sounds dealer, then check with Earmark Marine about a TMC discount. 

Thread jack-

does anyone else have a problem with the PA function with their 420

ive had my mic swapped out , then entire 420 unit with new mic.

it is intermittent, I have confirmed the mini jack  connection is good

Depress the mic button and nothing the pa doesn't work,

but every once in a while it will. No other issues with the unit so I basically just ignore it, but with new riders it does help 

Edited by Stevo

Gotta ask, but does the outer ring for tower volume indeed control the tower volume? Have you tried both on main source and AUX source? Positive the MIC male is fully seated to the EQ female with a nice click?  One bad MIC or bad EQ is certainly possible, but I find it nearly impossible for two EQ and 2 MICs to have identical issues like this right out of the box.  

1.yes tower volume

2. Have not tried aux- will tomorrow 

3 yes clicks in nicely, I used a little electrical tape to ensure it does not become un seated 

i as well find the likelihood next to impossible 

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, MikeDe said:

Old thread bump: If anyone is looking for a deal on the 220,  I just picked one up for $249.95 on Amazon with free prime shipping.

You can get the 420 BT for that

https://smile.amazon.com/WS-420BT-Sounds-Equalizer-Integrated-Bluetooth/dp/B010EIKH96/ref=pd_sbs_23_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=MBRJ9BYPTVB33EZVTEV9

220 is great for someone with a decent head unit already but wants easy zone control.  I'd consider one, but for no more than $100 as it wouldn't do enough in my application (I don't need the Aux/BT and fade/sub functions aren't hard from my head unit). 

15 hours ago, Nitrousbird said:

You can get the 420 BT for that

https://smile.amazon.com/WS-420BT-Sounds-Equalizer-Integrated-Bluetooth/dp/B010EIKH96/ref=pd_sbs_23_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=MBRJ9BYPTVB33EZVTEV9

220 is great for someone with a decent head unit already but wants easy zone control.  I'd consider one, but for no more than $100 as it wouldn't do enough in my application (I don't need the Aux/BT and fade/sub functions aren't hard from my head unit). 

Ironically enough I had both in the cart and apparently ordered the 420 BT anyway.

On 12/24/2016 at 3:47 AM, jonyb said:

There's no warranty on Wet Sounds through that company.  There are only 12 authorized online companies, and they are not.

I should have added that comment to my initial post.

You can add a 4 year protection plan for $35.64 though.

A 4-year protection plan through the seller.  What's that mean?

With other sellers, it means that they'll take it back in, have it repaired (probably by some hackjob place), then send it back.  Maybe you'll have it back in 6 months, maybe not.

You're choice.  Save a couple dollars and not worry about warranty, or buy from authorized resellers or Wet Sounds direct and have a real warranty.

Sonic Electronix goes as far as removing serial numbers when they transship product that's not supposed to be sold on the internet.

On 12/30/2016 at 3:20 PM, jonyb said:

A 4-year protection plan through the seller.  What's that mean?

With other sellers, it means that they'll take it back in, have it repaired (probably by some hackjob place), then send it back.  Maybe you'll have it back in 6 months, maybe not.

You're choice.  Save a couple dollars and not worry about warranty, or buy from authorized resellers or Wet Sounds direct and have a real warranty.

Sonic Electronix goes as far as removing serial numbers when they transship product that's not supposed to be sold on the internet.

The protection plan really isn't bad. Spend an extra $90 for authorized, or $35 and get a replacement unit or the value of the purchase price back.

But...

You almost have me convinced to send it back and pay the premium for to buy from WS.