Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2006 VLX Spring Upgrades!

Cayute

Looks very nice!!! I'd love to see your LED lights on at night on the lake!! And a view from in the boat looking forward.

How did you mount your amp rack?? My understanding is that you epoxy some pieces of treated wood to the hull and then screw your amp rack to that. If so, what epoxy did you use and how thick of pieces of wood??

Sweet boat though! I'm just getting started on my stereo install. Pretty basic for now.

I will get some pictures of the lights next time I am out at night... Not sure if they will work any better than the halogens though, I always found they bow seats just reflected the light back at me when I was driving at night.

i used gorilla glue epoxy so far I have been out two full days in chop and it hasn't moved at all. I used pressure treated 2x6 against my hull. I scribed both pieces in line with the hull and tried to keep the amp rack a bit more vertical, the front 2x6 I was also able to screw into the front bulk head of the observer compartment. If I had to guess right now the 2x6 was scribed from about nothing at the top to about 1.5- 2" at the bottom.

this is the DIY thread I followed for my cupholder lights