Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 22vlx

Evancore

Again, its not the size of the speaker or whether a pair of wired in parallel or series. its the amp wattage running through the circuit. So even a single pair on an SD-2 is too much for my liking, not to mention 2 pair in parallel with 620 per side. 

No I was talking about how they come prewired in parallel, wasn't even thinking gauge initially.  Though I did increase mine when i rewired it.   300watts isn't optimal for a rev10 IMO if you run 4 on the factory wiring

2 hours ago, CJAY said:

AS long as you're only running one pair of speakers you should be fine, but if you run 2 pairs the wiring isn't set up for optimal performance for the rev10s in the tower and would need to be rewired

If not referring to wire gauge, what were you referring to as I totally missed. IMO, the wiring diagram is perfect for running 2 pair of speakers on a 2 chnl amp. two 2-conductor trunk lines that split in parallel right were they need to to feed each of the two pods on each side. Whats wrong with the OEM setup, is when you wire up an amp with the potential of pushing 620W rms up each side, which is wired with only 14ga. 

Is the short 14ga from the splice to the pod ok for 310? Sure, but not the 20ft of 14ga between the amp and said splice. You can interject what brand or size speaker you want, its wattage the amp is delivering. 

I'm not worried about powering 2 pairs because I don't know how I will mount both pair's right now.  I was planning on replacing the wiring as I know the Rev 10s take alot more power than icon 8s

Can someone explain to me what mount I would want? I looked on the wetsound website,  and there is about 3 different mounts for the G3 tower 

1 hour ago, Evancore said:

Can someone explain to me what mount I would want? I looked on the wetsound website,  and there is about 3 different mounts for the G3 tower 

If you mount to the bottom side of the shelf you will not have to buy a separate mount from Wet Sounds.  The shelf already has the bolt pattern for the X-mount which is the hole patter on the pods.  Literally you will take the two bolts that hold the icons to the shelf and use them to attach the Rev 10s to the bottom of the shelf.  Now if you are wanting to use all four you will have to purchase the Malibu G3 Dual adapter that are $275 if you have the black powder coat finish.

Ok thanks guys,  just one last question,  if I got the different mount how would I attach that to the tower? Would it require me to drill holes somewhere? 

Ok so I picked up the boat Friday and have used it the last to days and have a few more questions... 

Right now the speakers sound horrible.  It's as if the volume goes up and down in the middle of a song(the auto volume was turned off so that's not it). Also there is barely any sub with the sub volume on max.  I was playing around with settings on the stereo and wasn't getting anywhere so I was wondering if I need to adjust a setting on the sub amp like the gain or something? 

So I filled the boat up and like 3 hours of use the fuel was showing 25% which was strange cause we had only wakeboarded for 30min and the rest was just cruising.  My axis never used that much gas. So I filled up and it took 60 liters.... From what I have read it has a 180 liter tank correct? So that would mean that the sensor is off by a lot,  any way this can be fixed?