Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Classifieds and prices

Pnwrider

I don't think it's a requirement to post prices. I notice most dealers don't post prices on the boats listed here. Maybe if people realized that the ad would more times than not be skipped over they might post their price. I rarely inquire about an ad with no price. I expect it to be priced too high and they think if I ask about it I may be on the hook for them. Hardly the case. 

5 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I don't think it's a requirement to post prices. I notice most dealers don't post prices on the boats listed here. Maybe if people realized that the ad would more times than not be skipped over they might post their price. I rarely inquire about an ad with no price. I expect it to be priced too high and they think if I ask about it I may be on the hook for them. Hardly the case. 

Right, my thoughts exactly. I was just curious if the admin would consider making it a requirement to post a price with an ad. I'm on several other forums that require prices and I personally like it that way... 

It is required. The thing is, dealers generally enter 0 in the amount field & under that condition it doesn't show up in the listing view (I haven't yet looked into why that is).

The thing that you have to remember about dealers is that they are bound by certain rules from Malibu. Even though we don't have or enforce rules like that here, we do need to keep it friendly for them to post inventory here.

Personally if it were me looking for a boat (& I've used this in the past), the no price thing screams dealer & I would adjust my search accordingly depending on whether or not I want to deal with that.