Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
surfdude

New boat which prop

Recommended Posts

surfdude

Sold my 14 lsv, bought a 15 lsv. Dealer will let me put any prop on it. Last lsv had the marine power 450, ran a 2315, worked great. Thinking for the new boat a 2773, 13 pitch. New boat has the 450 indmar. Any thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
95echelon
On 4/18/2016 at 11:04 PM, surfdude said:

Sold my 14 lsv, bought a 15 lsv. Dealer will let me put any prop on it. Last lsv had the marine power 450, ran a 2315, worked great. Thinking for the new boat a 2773, 13 pitch. New boat has the 450 indmar. Any thoughts?

From your username I am guessing surfing? What is the typical ballast and # of people onboard? What are your goals for the prop? I would say if the 2315 wasn't broke, don't fix it!

Share this post


Link to post
surfdude

We usually run about 4000 lbs total ballast, 4 people. We are at 3500ft and surf around 11.8 mph. Would like to see a little less rpms for surfing and cruising.

Edited by surfdude
Added coment

Share this post


Link to post
racer808

I was just told by Nettles the acme 2937 which is a 15x11 will give get me out of the hole at altitude & run lower RPM's.  However, I am still trying to wrap my head around prop size, pitch & how that relates to RPM's so don't hold me to that

Share this post


Link to post
teamerickson
1 hour ago, racer808 said:

I was just told by Nettles the acme 2937 which is a 15x11 will give get me out of the hole at altitude & run lower RPM's.  However, I am still trying to wrap my head around prop size, pitch & how that relates to RPM's so don't hold me to that

Shouldn't the 11 pitch increase RPMs? Very curious about this prop.

Been using a 2315. Just got a used 2419. Might have to try the 2937. Nobody tell my wife! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
teamerickson

They have some with a 10.5 pitch!

Share this post


Link to post
racer808
21 minutes ago, teamerickson said:

Shouldn't the 11 pitch increase RPMs? Very curious about this prop.

Been using a 2315. Just got a used 2419. Might have to try the 2937. Nobody tell my wife! ;)

How was the 2419?  I am altitude 5200', I am not sure if the 2419 will be enough.  

 

9 minutes ago, teamerickson said:

They have some with a 10.5 pitch!

Yeah Nettles said if it wasn't enough he could repitch it to 10.5.  Gonna get the boat home first before I start buying props though

Share this post


Link to post
teamerickson

I haven't even used the 2419 yet! :)

Share this post


Link to post
t a

Love the 2419 for wakeboarding/surfing but hate it for cruising.  4000 rpm at 28mph with no weight/no altitude

Share this post


Link to post
surfdude

Funny to me, that wakemakers recommends a 15 x14pitch for heavy applications for my boat on their chart, and when I asked them, they really liked the 2773 15 by 13 pitch, 105 cup. Kind of confused!

Edited by surfdude
M s

Share this post


Link to post
Thundergod

Cup effectively reduces pitch the large prop holds also of water it's a lot closes to a 15x12. It will surf well but your cruise speed will have high rpm

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...