Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

FlyHigh 750s too big?

tparider

I've got a 2005 LSV and have noticed that even when using a 500lb sac, the length of the sac is a little too much for the rear compartment. Specifically, the piece that extends down from the top of the compartment (that the hydraulic deck lid is screwed into for opening and closing the compartment) about 3/4 of the way down seems to be in the way with a large sac in there.

What are you guys doing to avoid the fully filled sac from destroying this carpeted piece or bending it considerably? Do I have to remove it? I was considering adding the FlyHigh 400lb v-drive sacs instead of the 750s because the 400lbers are only 42" long and they wouldn't touch the piece in question. Is there something I don't know here?!?

Thanks!

I'm not talking about the divider between the v-drive and engine compartment, I'm talking about the divider between the v-drive and the cabin area - the piece that the hydraulic arm that helps raise and lower the sundeck pad is screwed to. It seems like the full sac pushes against this piece and bends it. Can I cut it in half so that it still maintains its usefulness as a place for the hydraulic arm thing, but it out of the way of the sac?

I think Tracie was thrown off by the reference to Hydrolic arm thingie.. That is just a gas spring or whatever it is called -

Why do you want to cut the thing? I also covers the fuel filler hoses. What is wrong with the sack pushing on it?

We had to undo the gas shock thing in my friends 03 VLX when we added 540lb straightline sacks to his rear compartment. When the sacks were in and the hard tanks out, we hooked the shocks back up...is that what your asking???

I know exactly what you are talking about. I went with the 400# sacks as well because of the size problem. It seems that a lot of people have no problem what-so-ever with the 750# sack regardless if it's a Wakesetter or an LSV but I didn't want to put the pressure on that divider. The 400# still touches the divider with the sack all the way back but no extensive pressure at all. Plus, the surf wake is more than enough with it.