Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Upgrade bugs

WakeGirl

On August 6, 2016 at 1:25 PM, Stevo said:

not sure if this has been addressed, but not all topics show up in the Recent posts section. I feel like i miss a bunch of things that were recently posted.

@WakeGirl 

is there any way to add all topics to the recent thread or post section? 

I

What are you not seeing? Can you explain what you are looking for?

When you see the new posts since your last visit, it doesn't show every new post in the thread. It only shows the last new post in the thread. There may be several more posts before the one showing as the last post that you will see when you click on the last post. Is this what you are concerned about?

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

What are you not seeing? Can you explain what you are looking for?

When you see the new posts since your last visit, it doesn't show every new post in the thread. It only shows the last new post in the thread. There may be several more posts before the one showing as the last post that you will see when you click on the last post. Is this what you are concerned about?

No, if I go to new posts since last visit, it shows most of the popular threads and unread content. However, if I go to an individual forum I find there are new posts that didn't show up in my "posts since last visit or unread" feed.

@Ronnie If I post in the Crew on the water thread it doesn't show up in recent topics, but if i post in glassy glass it does.

i think certain forum topics don't show up in the "recent topics" but in not sure why 

Edited by Stevo

I use the "Unread Content" button to read new posts. I've set that as my Activity Stream.

If you post in a thread and then go to Unread Content, your post shouldn't show up as you've already looked at that post. Where are you seeing Recent Topics button? Just trying to replicate the problem.

One other thing I see is, if you look at a post that's been liked or you've been quoted in a post but you don't read the rest of the thread, when you go back to unread content, that thread isn't there because you've already clicked on the thread to see the like or quote. 

Just now, Ronnie said:

I use the "Unread Content" button to read new posts. I've set that as my Activity Stream.

If you post in a thread and then go to Unread Content, your post shouldn't show up as you've already looked at that post. Where are you seeing Recent Topics button? Just trying to replicate the problem.

1B8780ED-44A8-48DC-82A3-58AB65C905E6_zps

OK, thanks. Let me play with it tomorrow and see what I can find out. Honestly I never scroll down that far. When I hit the home page, the first thing I do is click on unread content. Everything posted since my last visit is then displayed in the order it was posted.

On a desktop it's not that far down , it's just formatted to the left, on my mobile chrome browser it is

latest classifieds

status updates

recent topics

i think it has something to do with the forum section the specific topic is in , just like this topic doesn't show up in recents either

Yeah, same on my 27" iMac  I just never go to that area because I'm going to see the same thing on unread content  I look at Classifieds and Status up dates and that's about it on the home page  I've got enough to read on here to not have to look at it twice. 

Could be that there's a trigger on certain forum sections for that. May be deeper than I want to dig. I'll touch base with Wakegirl and see if there's anything to change it. 

19 minutes ago, Stevo said:

On a desktop it's not that far down , it's just formatted to the left, on my mobile chrome browser it is

latest classifieds

status updates

recent topics

i think it has something to do with the forum section the specific topic is in , just like this topic doesn't show up in recents either

just use unread content.  It's the newspaper looking button at the top in a mobile browser.

1 hour ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

@Stevo does your unread content filter state this:

Unread.thumb.JPG.9312001830d485337cd0cfa

i do use the filter for content i posted in, but have been using the Recent topics to check new posts and threads haven't posted or viewed. Ill adjust my filter to everything and see if that works. But it is odd that not all topic forums don't show up in the recent topics section

• 1 month later...