Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trailer Jack for Older Boatmate

BuNewb

Hi Team,

I tow quite a bit about 3 days a week during the season and I'd like to upgrade my trailer jack as my current one is getting a little "tired"

I'd like to upgrade to a Fulton F2 or something similar (open to suggestions). However, I am not sure how I would go about mounting that to my current set up? A very long time ago, I found some adapter plates but I haven't found any lately. Mine is currently held on with a center retaining ring.

I have included a photo of my current mount/ trailer jack below:

IMG_20150729_192418262_zps9exovixw.jpgIMG_20150729_192403912_zpsyqtxkriz.jpg

When I replaced mine i just clamped it to the side of the old mount. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on the trailer so I got a jack from Harbor Freight. It actually has worked really well the past two seasons and still raises and lowers way easier than the 8 year old Fulton jack that was on my trailer when I got it. I've already got my money out of it and it will likely last another 3-5 years.

http://www.harborfreight.com/1500-lb-capacity-dual-wheel-swing-back-boat-trailer-jack-67500.html

I had that same jack on my trailer. Worked fine, but took it off and threw it away. I set the height of the hitch on my tow vehicle set so the trailer would be level while towing. Set like this, the stock trailer jack didn't have range to lift the hitch off the ball. Hard to believe they would outfit a trailer like that. Make sure whatever jack you get has the range needed.

I had that same jack on my trailer. Worked fine, but took it off and threw it away. I set the height of the hitch on my tow vehicle set so the trailer would be level while towing. Set like this, the stock trailer jack didn't have range to lift the hitch off the ball. Hard to believe they would outfit a trailer like that. Make sure whatever jack you get has the range needed.

You had the fulton F2 or a different model? The issue you described is the problem I currently have with my trailer jack

You had the fulton F2 or a different model? The issue you described is the problem I currently have with my trailer jack

Don't know the model, it's been a couple of years since I threw it out.

So what is the "must have" jack right now? Mine is on its last leg and I want a new one this season. I've heard some pretty mixed reviews on the F2.

Same here, but to be honest all I have heard people talking about was the F2. I am pretty sure you want the single big wheel not the double bc the double wheels were breaking all the time. Hence why boatmate only sells the large wheel. I'm open to whatever though, I can't get too excited about a trailer jack, but I know I need a new one!

Talked to Boatmate (Great customer service in the parts department there) and they said the adapter plate will not work on the snap ring jacks. So, if I go F2, I will just go the cheaper option and weld on a new plate.