Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Skim Ski for kids

sgtsandbagger

My grandkid is going to be 1 year old soon. I'd like to find a used Skim Ski or a Ski Sled. I've been looking out locally at garage sales and never seem to run across one. I may just have to pop the $100 on a new one.

Does anyone know of anything else that's good for a tiny one to get used to being pulled behind a boat besides an inflatable?

post-574-1152748476_thumb.jpg

Our two youngest and all our friends' young ones used the skimmer at 2-3 yrs old. They were fine. We tied an old ski handle on the boat end of the rope and had someone (usually mom) sit on the transom and hold the rope. The skimmer is tied directly to the rope and the kids hold onto a handle that is also tied directly to the skimmer. So, having someone hold the rope instead of having it tied to the boat allows for a "quick-release" type of setup...very useful when junior decides to hang on to the skimmer handle after a fall, thus being dragged under water. We were even able to perfect the pull in/shut down to drift and would be able to pull the kids right to the swim step...yes, with the boat not running. The skimmer is the way to go.

Mike.