Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 Malibu 22 VLX Pricing?

devklee

We are looking at a new 2015 22 VLX with 4 hours on it and I'm wondering what kind of deal we are getting. The boat has a few options like bimini, plug n play, wake view seating, and the subwoofer and the MSRP is around $111,585. With boat show discounts the subtotal comes to $96k and the total after taxes is $105k. We are trading in our current boat so the ending total that's quoted is right around $94k. We're new to the whole Malibu community and I would like some opinions on the price we are getting. I have seen some of these online go for around $10k cheaper with many more options on sites like boatrader so I'm just a little bit curious. I do feel like at this price the boat should at least have tower speakers?? Excited to finally drive one on Wednesday!

Thanks

EDIT: I'm in Seattle if that helps at all

Edited by devklee

I think you should be able to get it for much cheaper; I've seen some 2016 for that price. Plus, I would think they would want to move it quickly since they are paying some sort of fee on it. Also, they need room for the 2016. Go lower and take them some advertisements that you have seen.

If you can list all the options on the boat , i.e. Engine , accessories , color pattern , trailer options, You will get more detailed responses.

I think rule of thumb has been around 20% off MSRP is a good deal, on a current year model. On a left over you should be able to get a bigger discount.

Edited by Chrisjjbrown

I was able to order a 2016 with many options for cheaper then that! You should definitely be in upper 70's low 80's depending on what options the boat has. Before I ordered my 16 I looked at two 15s...the first was loaded and they were asking 88k, the second didn't have much in the way of options and it was priced very high. I believe right around 97k...crazy!! I then went to a different dealer and ordered a new boat for less.

Thanks for the quick responses; I was thinking the same thing as you guys. Come to think of it, they were advertising a new 2016 VLX with about equal options at the boat show for $102k. So really not sure why this new 2015 would be more expensive...

I was able to order a 2016 with many options for cheaper then that! You should definitely be in upper 70's low 80's depending on what options the boat has. Before I ordered my 16 I looked at two 15s...the first was loaded and they were asking 88k, the second didn't have much in the way of options and it was priced very high. I believe right around 97k...crazy!! I then went to a different dealer and ordered a new boat for less.

If you can list all the options on the boat , i.e. Engine , accessories , color pattern , trailer options, You will get more detailed responses.

I think rule of thumb has been around 20% off MSRP is a good deal, on a current year model. On a left over you should be able to get a bigger discount.

I think you should be able to get it for much cheaper; I've seen some 2016 for that price. Plus, I would think they would want to move it quickly since they are paying some sort of fee on it. Also, they need room for the 2016. Go lower and take them some advertisements that you have seen.

That seems really high! If you're not picky on color, I'm pretty sure you can find some deals on 15s in the mid to high 70s.

Thanks for the quick responses; I was thinking the same thing as you guys. Come to think of it, they were advertising a new 2016 VLX with about equal options at the boat show for $102k. So really not sure why this new 2015 would be more expensive...

Probably just trying to get you into a 2016 instead of the 2015, makes it look like you are getting the brand new boat for a similar price. I think someone on the forums picked up a 2015 for right around 75k, pretty much fully loaded, about a month ago. Should be some good deals out there.

At $111K MSRP that boat doesn't sound particularly well equipped either.

Edit: it's a sad state of affairs that I even thought that, much less wrote it! At least gas is cheap!!

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 3

Bought a 2015 in October, fully loaded with the exception of tower speakers, 350 monsoon engine - paid $80,000 on a MSRP $115,000. Most that I've seen since are in the $80,00-$85,000 range.

• Like 2

Probably just trying to get you into a 2016 instead of the 2015, makes it look like you are getting the brand new boat for a similar price. I think someone on the forums picked up a 2015 for right around 75k, pretty much fully loaded, about a month ago. Should be some good deals out there.

Do you happen to have a link to the guy who bought it? Just wondering

Etcomarine still has a couple 15 lsv's in the high 70's. If you search blowout prices you should find the link. Seems like a much better deal.

Edited by KeepingupwiththeJones

Depends though. Ecto is nolonger a bu dealer and rumor has it MC is kicking in money to move the remaining units. So just because ecto can have those prices doesn't mean his local dealer can match

Edited by wakebrdr94

Depends though. Ecto is nolonger a bu dealer and rumor has it MC is kicking in money to move the remaining units. So just because ecto can have those prices doesn't mean his local dealer can match

I've seen the build sheets on those boys too. They're actually loaded up pretty well.

I dig the white one.

I went down and looked at their left overs. Ended up striking a similar deal on a 22vlx with my local dealer.(I don't take delivery till Saturday so no pics yet.) But it can't hurt to ask.

Etco had a few leftover 14's last year around the same pricing too, a couple grand less actually which accounts for the annual price increase from 14 to 15.

Etco had a few leftover 14's last year around the same pricing too, a couple grand less actually which accounts for the annual price increase from 14 to 15.

White one sold but the red and blue are still there as of a week ago. Build sheets show a MSRP of 124k or so. They were all about 38% off and I was told by the sales guy that Mastercraft was "helping" out. They want that inventory $$ for Mastercrafts.

Edited by Josh4mc

We are trading our 2002 Crownlike 210, so nothing big there. lol

Surprise no one has brought up the trade. What are you trading and how much are they giving you?

Not sure what he's trading, but it sounds like a ham sandwich.

White one sold but the red and blue are still there as of a week ago. Build sheets show a MSRP of 124k or so. They were all about 38% off and I was told by the sales guy that Mastercraft was "helping" out. They want that inventory $$ for Mastercrafts.

So Mastercraft is paying to grow Malibu market share. Awesome!

Reminds me of when the Rangers were paying ARod to play against them... for the Yankees. Lol