Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking for help with the next IXFE boat design...

IXFE

Running 4g from blocks to the amp holes. 

F16EA3AD-B0AA-4684-869E-BDBB8CAC3318_zps

Rack in final resting place with all wires run.  Amps will be wired and hung next.  I always underestimate how long it takes to get to this point. 

98184A74-1B79-4EA5-8D67-879470F1897F_zps

13 hours ago, IXFE said:

Disney sold ALOT of those towels. Lol

I think it was all part of the master plan.  Sell a lot of towels and eventually they will be downgraded to shop towels and appear on internet forums.  Double the advertisement.  BRILLIANT

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, Stevo said:

Looks good , How are your fingers? 

Sore!!

The cabin amp (lower right) was a PITA. It took me as long to wire that one as the other three combined. 

I hope this thing fires up as expected cuz I really don't want to take it all apart. 

I remember screwing those bolts into the side of the hull mounting the rack being a little nerve racking!  I had this nightmare image of seeing a screw sticking out the side of the boat!

Dave, looks great, that system is going to rock... I am a fan of the black amp rack.  Have you set up the qbomber yet?

7 minutes ago, Fman said:

I remember screwing those bolts into the side of the hull mounting the rack being a little nerve racking!  I had this nightmare image of seeing a screw sticking out the side of the boat!

Dave, looks great, that system is going to rock... I am a fan of the black amp rack.  Have you set up the qbomber yet?

I have not touched the sub yet.  So far I have the amps and all wiring done (incl. new cabin speaker wire).  Also, the tower speakers painted, mounted, and rewired.  Next step is to install the cabin speakers.  I'm on the fence about the walk thru speakers.  I ran new speaker wire from the amp to those locations so I can add them at any time, but I'm just not feeling like I want to drill out the holes.  Following cabin speakers, I'll get the ZLD installed.  Then I'll tackle the sub project last.  Since I have the Q Bomb the only complexity is figuring out what to use for a base to elevate it, securing the entire thing to the floor, and doing the kick panel.  

Oh, and there's one other little project I'm thinking about...

What is IXFE up to now??

0422FAC1-5FAF-45B2-B0B1-3B0ACCB655AC_zps

EFE7E294-FD13-40DA-865E-4D69CE46C2FA_zps

7E9C6108-F027-49B4-9E1D-0C6A8F845D15_zps

• Like 1

@Fman and @IXFE, how is the fitment of the Q Bomb with the existing panel under the dash. I am thinking of swapping out my crappy factory box with one but want the sub box to work with my existing panel. 

Edited by BlknYlwT22
58 minutes ago, BlknYlwT22 said:

@Fman and @IXFE, how is the fitment of the Q Bomb with the existing panel under the dash. I am thinking of swapping out my crappy factory box with a one but want the sub box to work with my existing panel. 

The box should fit no problem, it's the height of the box off the floor of the boat that is the variable, I've seen a few stock subs where the hole in the kick panel is right on the floor, and a few that is centered higher up. 

You will need to mouth the woofer in the box and test fit it, and figure out how much height off the floor you will need.

i believe I saw a post in the last week where he was able to match up the sub with existing hole.

56 minutes ago, Stevo said:

The box should fit no problem, it's the height of the box off the floor of the boat that is the variable, I've seen a few stock subs where the hole in the kick panel is right on the floor, and a few that is centered higher up. 

You will need to mouth the woofer in the box and test fit it, and figure out how much height off the floor you will need.

i believe I saw a post in the last week where he was able to match up the sub with existing hole.

2 hours ago, BlknYlwT22 said:

@Fman and @IXFE, how is the fitment of the Q Bomb with the existing panel under the dash. I am thinking of swapping out my crappy factory box with one but want the sub box to work with my existing panel. 

The hole in the panel is one potential issue. Another is if you have a factory heater installed the heater tube that goes to the walk through sticks out a lot and the heater itself is mounted on the back wall. Both would have to be moved. 

26 minutes ago, Josh4mc said:

The hole in the panel is one potential issue. Another is if you have a factory heater installed the heater tube that goes to the walk through sticks out a lot and the heater itself is mounted on the back wall. Both would have to be moved. 

I don't order the factory heater for this reason. I also don't order a factory sub so I'm never trying to match up the hole. But if I had the hole, I would not count on using it. The sub will end up where it will end up; plan on making a new kick panel with a new hole. I wouldn't want the constraint on an existing hole.