Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Three letter search

ajgear

Does anyone find it odd that the is a Malibu oriented site, and that although Malibu uses mostly 3-letter boat identifiers (VTX, VLX, LSV, etc), but you can't use a term with only 3 letters in the search bar? So you can't search "VTX Ballast", for example, or it disregards the VTX and only searches ballast. Or if I just want to search for what others are talking about on a specific boat, I can't search LSV or VLX or the search tells me I used a term with less than 4 characters, and that's not allowed. That's kind of annoying.

• Like 2

Also on the sites search page (not just the search box in the upper right, the detailed one when you click the "gear" next to the search box) will give you a google search option where you can type in 3 characters. Essentially the same thing as the Google recommendation above

The 3 character limit is an issue with the board software and it's built in search function. It's part of the whole package. There are some things we can tweak and instal plugins for but this isn't one. The best bet is the Google search option if you are searching for 3 characters.

I've been using the Google search too, and saw that it works there. I just thought it odd that one couldn't use their actual boat designator, but I completely understand the canned software issue. We use an ERP system and it definitely has some quirky requirements for searches and such. Thanks for the feedback.