Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Illusion Problems

Guest M@LIBU

Im having problems with my tower pins coming out while traveling through slightly choppy water and even while towing on the trailer. It just started this last weekend and is very frustrating. I have only the bimini top and a pair of Pro80's on the tower. Anybody else ever have this problem?

The pins on the tower have a small set screw with a spring loaded ball on the end that keeps the pins in. Pull the pins and lower your tower. On the top of the holes for the pins in the tower base you will see the set screws, one over each hole. Thighten the set screws while sliding the pin in & out of the hole until the pin won't come out. Then back out the set screw just until the pin will release and slide out. The ball on the set screw rides in the groove in the pin.

Guest M@LIBU
The pins on the tower have a small set screw with a spring loaded ball on the end that keeps the pins in. Pull the pins and lower your tower. On the top of the holes for the pins in the tower base you will see the set screws, one over each hole. Thighten the set screws while sliding the pin in & out of the hole until the pin won't come out. Then back out the set screw just until the pin will release and slide out. The ball on the set screw rides in the groove in the pin.

Thank you for the heads up, I will give it a try!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest M@LIBU

Well after inspecting the tower today, it seems that they either fell out or were never put in (which wouldnt suprise me). Anyway, called metcraft today and they were kind enough to ship me a pair for this weekend. Thanks to them and not the dealer service cener, who wouldnt even look at it till next week, ill be out on the water this weekend having a great time without have to monitor those dang pins.

You can see where the set screw should go in the picture below. Once its installed just put enough pressure on the pins so that they don't come out while underway, but are still easy enough to pull out by hand.

post-28-1154016347_thumb.jpg