Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cover Crafts

DRAGON88

We ordered up a cover 2 weeks ago, and Corey came though and got us the cover before the weekend. Having owned a Rankin on the SAN, this cover is awesome. I really like the rope ratcheting system, and the padded rub rail hooks. I'm really impressed with the quality of the cover, honestly I had high expectations because the Rankin was amazing, and Cover Crafts delivered! The best part is how easy it is to get on and off. (although this really can be moreso atributed to the IllusionX only mounting in 2 spots.)

Again super impressed with the quality and customer service. Biggrin.gif

Also I'm having troubles with the picture upload... My images are under 100kb. Dontknow.gif

Edited by DRAGON88

I second the opion about covercrafts, I orded mine and had it in 1 week. The cover is easy to put on and take off and seems really solid.

• 2 months later...

I hope that no one else has had the problem with the Covercrafts cover on the 2006 VLX that I had. My cover has been great, but there was a wear point at the upper part of the hinge for the walk through window. The felt didn't quite get down to cover that spot and it wore a hole through the cover while towing long distance. I called Cory about it and he offered to send out a patch or to ship it to him for repair. I decided instead to fashion a patch with extra felt underneath for now and then to make a road trip up to Seattle this winter and have him repair it then.

I have been extremely happy with the cover and with the service.

If anyone has an '05 or '06 VLX you might want to check to make sure that there is adequate padding over the hinge.

Well, if it makes you feel any better my Rankin isn't the greatest fit. The previous 2 covers fit like a drum, but this one is a bit looser than I'd like to see. Because of this, it's creating wear marks on the boat that I haven't seen on the past 2 boats. In addition, there are spots where there should be felt & backing but there isn't. If I was a bit closer I'd make the trip to have them get it right, but that's a 7 hour drive for us = not worth it. So I plan to make an appointment with a local shop to make the adjustments necessary.

Interesting, we haven't yet gotten the chance to tow with it. The boat has been sitting on it's lift all summer. Cover is still holding up good. Do you guys leave the back ski pylon up or down? It makes me kind of nervous having it up because there's no kind of reinforcement under it.

When we looked at boats at Bridgecity they told us that their last few Rankin covers for the Bu's hadn't been all that great fit wise.

Does cover craft have a website? I googled it and did find a covercraft.com but there was no mention of boat covers? I also searched the crew site for it but didn't have much luck. Thanks!

Interesting, we haven't yet gotten the chance to tow with it. The boat has been sitting on it's lift all summer. Cover is still holding up good. Do you guys leave the back ski pylon up or down? It makes me kind of nervous having it up because there's no kind of reinforcement under it.

When we looked at boats at Bridgecity they told us that their last few Rankin covers for the Bu's hadn't been all that great fit wise.

I leave the pylon down, but my cover is used exclusively for towing since my boat lives in the garage when we're not at the lake.

I leave the pylon down, but my cover is used exclusively for towing since my boat lives in the garage when we're not at the lake.

I also leave the ski pylon down. I haven't had any marks on the boat from the cover. The only problem I have had was as noted above, where the upper portion of the hinge for the walk through window hit the cover. If your's doesn't have felt covering that spot, I would just suggest adding it yourself to prevent a problem.