Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
Sdeloney

Response LXI entire windshield apparatus has to be replaced due to break in the frame? Really? 2000plus$$

Sdeloney

2k+

Insight anyone

Thx

Told 2007 model not available anymore so in addition to the cost, no guarantees the next years model can properly be retrofitted

Edited by Sdeloney

SmoothWaterMan

What is the question(s)?

Sdeloney

What is the best way to go in having my 2007 response LXI windshield glass and frame replaced?

Since Malibu no longer makes that part and I've been told that the next years part "maybe" can be retrofitted, I'm not sure what to do.

I'm looking for advice

4skinuts

Is it a Taylor Made windshield? If so, contact Malibu for the part number and contact Taylor Made Systems for the needed parts.

ahopkinsVTX

I am stretching my knowledge here but I want to say that nothing changed between the 07-11 LXi and the TXi 12+ for the upper deck. Soooooo, the TXi windshield should fit. Maybe Peter who posted earlier can confirm?

I can believe the cost. I think just the center walk through section is $500ish.

SmoothWaterMan

The original part was a Pacific Coast unit. There are a few windshields out there from Pacific Coast if you want to replace it with original, but as mentioned above I would expect a current TXI windshields to fit the profile. I can look and see what we have available when I'm at the shop.

Edit / Addition : Looks like we have 2 ports and 2 starboard PCMW windshields for the '07 era of Response LXi's. No center doors.

Peter

Edited by SmoothWaterMan

goingboating

My post is mostly directed to Smooth Water Man as he mentions he could check his shop for windshield parts.

I am looking at a Malibu Response LXi 2005 BUT the starboard/ driver's side windshield is completely gone.

Tower fell on the windshield.

If I knew I could get the part and know the cost - I think I would pull the trigger.

Thank you.

Sixball

The 2007 was a  problem. Many boats were on hold with issues in the then new design. My boat was well over A month behind.

UWSkier
2 hours ago, goingboating said:

My post is mostly directed to Smooth Water Man as he mentions he could check his shop for windshield parts.

I am looking at a Malibu Response LXi 2005 BUT the starboard/ driver's side windshield is completely gone.

Tower fell on the windshield.

If I knew I could get the part and know the cost - I think I would pull the trigger.

Thank you.

2005 LXi is different from the 2007.  The TXI windscreen won't fit it.  You're going to have your work cut out for you sourcing that part I'm afraid.

Eagleboy99
On 9/8/2015 at 8:36 PM, Sdeloney said:

2k+

Insight anyone

Thx

Told 2007 model not available anymore so in addition to the cost, no guarantees the next years model can properly be retrofitted

https://www.pcmw.ca/aftermarket/  They claim they will fix anything they built.  Worth a call methinks.

mackie12

@SmoothWaterMan whats the price on those pieces? Any chance you have an XTP tower for that boat.......? DM me if ya like.

SmoothWaterMan

A reminder guys, I don't get on here much anymore so it's best to email me directly.

I probably have a used (good) starboard windshield for a Response, Sunsetter, Sunsetter Lxi in the 99-05/06 realm.

I also have some 07- Lxi windshields for both sides.

Peter