Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ethanol

I'm reading more and more articles about Ethanol in the gas and the negative impact it has on our boats. Anyone know if Malibu ever installed fiberglass fuel tanks? Specifically on a 98 Flightcraft. And what about a fuel-injected outboard? I called my local Mercury dealer to ask about any concerns I should have and I didn't feel too confident in his response. (seemed like he didn't know what I was talking about. Any info would be greatly appreciated. If I find anything myself, I'll post it.

No, there was no fiberglass fuel tanks. Poly or Aluminum only. The tank on your Flighty is dead center, forward of the pylon, and should be visible from a port size access panel in the floor. (A few years did not have the access panel)

Peter