Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
cbftbl87

Birds on Tower!

cbftbl87

Anybody have a good idea for keeping the birds off the boat tower?

My new cover is painted in bird crap.

I tried the fake owl, and that doesn't seem to work at all.

racer808

pellet gun.

Stevo

These work ..

just bird deterrent , you will need to rig up some sort of tower clamp, or just keep a bunch of zip-ties in the glove box

328B554B-2BDC-4943-A51F-6F7A9A844DF4_zps

BFB20858-ABB2-4137-9198-A512ACD5F798_zps

Edited by Stevo

Stevo

pellet gun.

With a scope.

carguy79ta

We put plastic snakes on our deck, it works to some degree

isellacuras

Most important thing with the fake animals is you have to keep moving them around. If you just set them in one place and leave them there, the critters get used to them and realize they're fake.

Falko

Thin wire across the top of the tower. Birds can't grip thin wire. Implementation, not sure how you'd do it.

TeamAllen

Here is the company you need. We use some of their products in the roofing industry.

https://www.birdbgone.com/

pknappe

I had the same problem. A bird was crapping all over my speakers. And this guy did not like his reflection. So he would strike his beak against the shiny reflection on the speakers, and the wedge. I couldn't figure out what the red and black streaks were on the wedge. Finally figured the stupid bird had beat himself bloody trying to attack the wedge. It cleaned up fine. I then used a pellet gun to dissuade the bird from continuing this behavior. Next, I bought a custom cover that covers the entire boat and trailer with the tower down.

boc777

Fluorescent orange flagging tape flapping in the breeze works OK....Its cheap, but it looks kind of redneck...