Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cheboygan River Locks

onamission

Pictures of us going through the Cheboygan river locks on our way out to Lake Huron during our Chain of Lakes trip. Only $4 each way.

1006.jpg

1007.jpg

1008.jpg

1011.jpg

Edited by onamission

Wow. I did that trip in a twin screw SeaRay Express but I don't think I would have the cajones to take my Bu on that trip....you are a braver man than I. Great trip though ecspecially when you have a fun crew. Did you start out in Alanson?

Cool pics... Did a trip through a levee once on the Mississippi in the Malibu, it was a neato experience.

Wow. I did that trip in a twin screw SeaRay Express but I don't think I would have the cajones to take my Bu on that trip....you are a braver man than I. Great trip though ecspecially when you have a fun crew. Did you start out in Alanson?

We started out with three boats at the west end of Crooked Lake and stayed at the Inland House. Went into Pickerel Lake and back the up the Crooked river and the small locks and the swing bridge in Alanson. Then into Burt Lake and picked another boat, the Indian river, Mullett Lake, the Cheboygan river and stayed at the Fleetwood just before the big locks. The next day we went out in to Lake Huron just far enough to see the Mackinac Bridge and then turned around and made our way back to Conway and the Crooked Lake. Going through the Crooked river at full speed, (where allowed), was one of the best things of the trip. It looked like something out of Live or let Die or Gator.

Link to the chain of lakes.