Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

adjustable rudder tab

lxirod

since i've adjusted my rudder tab to load it more, the tab wont stay tightend. it gets moved all the way to the left which is fine on the course ( just a little excesssive ), but on open water its way too much. ive cranked down on the allen screw but im afraid anymore sill strip it out..

any ideas??

I haven't seen how the set screw works, but could you install a longer screw and use a "jam" nut or maybe some green Lock-tite - don't use the red, if you ever want to adjust it again.

thats a good idea. how tioght does the green get. i like to neutralize the rudder on public lakes.. and load it at the ski lake..

is it coming loose because the set screw backed off... or just because the set screw isn't holding the adjustment tab firm enough.

The lock-tite will only keep the set screw from backing off..

actaully i dont know. if its the screww not holding the tab tight enough am i " screwd "

Call the factory or the service center. The "rod" that the trim tab bolt's to is loose. Might need a new rudder. At least thats what happened to me. :)

Rod - There are 2 sets of set screws. If you loosen the ones that you can see, then turn the tab all the way to one side. There are 2 screws that hold the tab on the shaft. Tighten those and then set your tab.

Dwayne

Rod - no problems. Skisix said that your wake was a little hard when he skied behind your boat. Get an un-repaired ACME 515(the dealer should let you try one) or try the one that Galaxy Toad likes. I bet it will make a big differance... Your boat deserves to be as good as it can be. Why wont TMC let me on there site?????

Dwayne

Edited by maliboo

ok, but what do you mean by unrepaired? brand new i suppose....

i dont know whats going on at tmc, somehow im still allowed...