Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bouncing Illusion Tower

My buddy has a 2004 LSV, and the tower bounces in the chop on the rear bolt about 1/2 inch. I found the thread about the plastic bushings missing causing a knock, but could they be the cause of the bounce as well? Any other ideas? The local dealership ( The Edge) is freaking awesome, but the boat is 2 hrs from there, so we're trying to do it ourselves this weekend.

:unsure:Dontknow.gif

The Illusion X is known (at least among those of us that have them) for being very rigid & stiff when installed properly. I've never personally heard of the problem that you describe (I don't mean to make it sound like it couldn't happen, obviously something isn't right with how your tower is set up). Typically when some of the bushings are missing, it creates either the knock that you spoke of or a squeak/rattle sound, but bouncing doesn't seem to be something that I've seen mentioned. I really think that your best bet would be to go ahead & schedule with the dealer & make the haul up there. One thing that you could do would be to touch base with the service department ahead of time, it's certainly possible that they may do some troubleshooting with you over the phone. It could be something pretty easy to fix, you never know.

Best of luck & be sure to let us know how it turns out.

I had the "knock" and small movement when I first got my boat. It didn't move a ton, but enough to cause a pretty loud and very unsettling knock. My dealer just installed the rubber bushings and tightened everything up. I've had no problems since last fall.